Absinthe

Default After market fence system for Ridgid TS2424

I'll give that a look.

I am looking for at least 36".

-- A

"John Siegel" wrote in message
How much rip capacity are you looking for? I believe that your saw is
quite similar to my slightly older Sears version. The fence rails are
mounted to the main table and extensions with nuts in slots in the rail.
It is possible to slide the rails so that almost all the rip capacity
is to the right of the blade.
John

Absinthe wrote:
I have a Ridgid TS2424, and am looking into upgrading the fence system,
mainly for more ripping capacity. I like the actual fence on the Ridgid,

but
apparently I can't just buy longer rails for the saw. What suggestions

would
you give for upgrading. What problems will I have in doing the upgrade,

and
what should I look out for/avoid...

-- A

Traves W. Coppock

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:47:31 GMT, "Absinthe"
Crawled out of the shop and said.
.. .:

I'll give that a look.

I am looking for at least 36".

-- A

the big difference between the ridgid and the c'man rails is the
ridgid rails are one piece and the c'man rails are two piece.
as was suggested, move the rails over to the right of the saw, and
bolt em back down.
you are going to want to make a filler panel to keep the rails from
bowing when you clamp the fence tight.

when you are ready for a REAL fence, Try the Excalibur.

*G*
Traves
John Siegel

Traves W. Coppock wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:47:31 GMT, "Absinthe"
Crawled out of the shop and said.
. .:

I'll give that a look.

I am looking for at least 36".

-- A

the big difference between the ridgid and the c'man rails is the
ridgid rails are one piece and the c'man rails are two piece.
as was suggested, move the rails over to the right of the saw, and
bolt em back down.
you are going to want to make a filler panel to keep the rails from
bowing when you clamp the fence tight.

when you are ready for a REAL fence, Try the Excalibur.

*G*
Traves

Traves
You must be looking at a different model. The rails on mine are one
piece. The filler panel sounds like a good idea because the fence does
lock both front and back.
John

Traves W. Coppock

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:37:30 GMT, John Siegel

Traves W. Coppock wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:47:31 GMT, "Absinthe"
Crawled out of the shop and said.

snip

You must be looking at a different model. The rails on mine are one
piece. The filler panel sounds like a good idea because the fence does
lock both front and back.
John

i checked at sears, and it seems they went to a one piece front and
one piece rear rail some time after i bought mine. . .
either way, for just about any fence system a filler panel is a good
idea.
*G*

Traves
Henry Webb

If you're looking for length and are happy with the saw and don't need a
large left rip capacity then you can unbolt the arms on the saw and slide
them to the right a foot, giving you a 36" rip capacity. You may then have
to replace the gauge with one that's 36", but that should be realatively
easy to find (maybe from Ridgid.com?). I have the newer model (TS3612) that
has, as you may guess, a 12" left and 36" right rip. I like the fence - it's
very accurate when properly tuned (though with's definitley not a Bies or
Incra).

--
Henry

To reply use henry @t henrywebb d0t com
---------------------------------------

"Absinthe" wrote in message
s.com...
I have a Ridgid TS2424, and am looking into upgrading the fence system,
mainly for more ripping capacity. I like the actual fence on the Ridgid,

but
apparently I can't just buy longer rails for the saw. What suggestions

would
you give for upgrading. What problems will I have in doing the upgrade,

and
what should I look out for/avoid...

-- A

Charlie Self

Henry Webb responds:

y then you can unbolt the arms on the saw and slide
them to the right a foot, giving you a 36" rip capacity. You may then have
to replace the gauge with one that's 36", but that should be realat

36" gauge?

Anyway, it MAY be possible for the OP to check on-line for a repair shop
nearby, and get that repair shop to order the fence rails for the 3612.

Might not, too, but worth a try, as it should be cheaper.

If not, www.mulecab.com is a good place to start looking for relatively low
cost replacements.

Charlie Self

"Men willingly believe what they wish."
Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico

Henry Webb

Doh! Good catch Charlie :-) I meant to say 36" tape measure - if he slides
the rails to the right then all of his measurements will be off by n inches
(where n = the offset). A new tape glued in place of the old one would let
him use his original rails and cost very little to do...

--
Henry

To reply use henry @t henrywebb d0t com
---------------------------------------

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Henry Webb responds:

y then you can unbolt the arms on the saw and slide
them to the right a foot, giving you a 36" rip capacity. You may then

have
to replace the gauge with one that's 36", but that should be realat

36" gauge?

Anyway, it MAY be possible for the OP to check on-line for a repair shop
nearby, and get that repair shop to order the fence rails for the 3612.

Might not, too, but worth a try, as it should be cheaper.

If not, www.mulecab.com is a good place to start looking for relatively

low
cost replacements.

Charlie Self

"Men willingly believe what they wish."
Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico

John Siegel

Absinthe wrote:
I have a Ridgid TS2424, and am looking into upgrading the fence system,
mainly for more ripping capacity. I like the actual fence on the Ridgid, but
apparently I can't just buy longer rails for the saw. What suggestions would
you give for upgrading. What problems will I have in doing the upgrade, and
what should I look out for/avoid...

-- A

Closed system open system raditors Adam Topp UK diy 6 September 16th 03 06:14 PM
Radiators and CH system... Christian McArdle UK diy 4 September 2nd 03 04:10 PM
CH system has no vent on primary Keith Refson - real email address in signature UK diy 8 August 27th 03 04:28 PM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM