Default Need full part number for Craftsman Professional Router Table

Hi,

I just purchased the Craftsman Professional Router Table, Laminate,
Sears item #00926608000 Mfr. model #26608, on clearance at Sears. It
was the floor model for $60, normally $179. I need to order a
replacement power switch saftey key and the owner's manual, but don't
have the complete model number. It should be three digits and a
decimal followed by six digits.

If anyone else has this router table, could you check the cover of the
owner's manual and tell me the complete part number.

Thanks.

P.S. Sears can't do anything without the complete part number. There
are no cross-references on their website. I've also tried going to my
local Sears part store, tried various combinations of possible numbers
on the parts website, called the Craftsman catalog number. All were of
no help. Unfortunately this unit is currently out of stock at my local
Sears retail store, so I can't get the number from them either.

Jim

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Isn't there a plate somewhere on the item which gives the complete part
number? Isn't it also on the box for the table? Perhaps it should be
009.26608000.
Jim

Jim,

No plate on this item. It may have originally been screen printed on
the top, but it has since been worn off by the fence sliding back and
forth. Also, I checked the number you gave against the Sears parts
website. I'm afraid it doesn't match any item.

David

shooter357

On 11 Sep 2005 09:01:59 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

http://content.sears.com/data/produc...608000-dlv.jpg
judging from the picture on sears.com catalog section, (see link) the
safety key is the same one used on most of the router tables. Mine
uses the same one and I got it at the store in the table saw
accessories section. comes in a pack of 1 if I remember correctly.
you can see the key on the right side of the power switch, red in
color. I would also check with the manager of the tool dept for help.
I was a sears tool manager for 15 years (before the merger) and I
helped a lot of customers with problems like this. (not now though, I
got a package)

Brian
DET Luger "She was onto something, I think that's what got her killed
The Capt "You don't think it was the bullets?"

Brian,

Unfortunately the store didn't have this key in stock. They told me to
go to the Sears parts store down the street, but again they couldn't
help me without the full 3.6 digit model number. Hopefully someone out
there has this same router table and the manual. I find it so odd that
Sears doesn't cross-reference the model number with the store
item/stock#.

David

Jack,

No it is a red key. I looked at the yellow keys, but the prongs are too
short. I was looking at the power switch last night and realized that
on this router table, the key pushes back a sliding plastic plate over
the on/off switch. I was able to manually slide it back with my
finger. I figured I can just cut the sliding plastic piece off with an
Xacto knife. Also, I figured out that the full part number for this
router table is 9-26608. I looked at several other router tables by
Sears and they all use this non-standard numbering instead of the 3.6
digit format, which sucks because their parts website doesn't recognize
anything without the 3-digit prefix.

Thanks everyone for your willingness to help. I thought this would be
far simpler than it turned out to be.

David

Tom

taftdb@yahoo wrote in message
oups.com...
Jack,

No it is a red key. I looked at the yellow keys, but the prongs are too
short. I was looking at the power switch last night and realized that
on this router table, the key pushes back a sliding plastic plate over
the on/off switch. I was able to manually slide it back with my
finger. I figured I can just cut the sliding plastic piece off with an
Xacto knife. Also, I figured out that the full part number for this
router table is 9-26608. I looked at several other router tables by
Sears and they all use this non-standard numbering instead of the 3.6
digit format, which sucks because their parts website doesn't recognize
anything without the 3-digit prefix.

Thanks everyone for your willingness to help. I thought this would be
far simpler than it turned out to be.

David

Actually the number you are looking for is 171.266080 unless you're in
Canada and then the Sears Canada model number is 171.0970924. But in either
case, if you go to parts on Sears.com it will tell you that this is an
invalid number even though I got the number off the instruction book on our
display model. In the parts list in the book, it doesn't list the key as a
separate orderable part, only the whole switch assemble with key. That part
number is 29LCN-1019 which sells for $19.99. The instruction book is part
number 49LCN-98 and that sells for $6.09. You might be able to call the
parts department 800 number and a real person may be able to find the switch
using the model number above. Sometimes the website just doesn't get there.
By the way, it seems to be important to add the dash between LCN and the
number in the part number or it won't find the part.
Tom

shooter357

On 11 Sep 2005 18:28:49 -0700, "
wrote:

Brian,

Unfortunately the store didn't have this key in stock. They told me to
go to the Sears parts store down the street, but again they couldn't
help me without the full 3.6 digit model number. Hopefully someone out
there has this same router table and the manual. I find it so odd that
Sears doesn't cross-reference the model number with the store
item/stock#.

David

Hey David. I was stopping by my local Sears today and remembered your
stock number (15 years as a tool manager gives you a memory for
numbers) Unfortunately, my local Sears does not carry this model in
the store.(small store) I did find a part number from the replacement
switch that they sell in accessories, but part.com said it was not
available. here it is any ways, sorry could not help more.

part number: 29LCN-1018 safety key
DET Luger "She was onto something, I think that's what got her killed
The Capt "You don't think it was the bullets?"

Brian,

It looks like between you and Tom I got all the info I need. I will go
by the Sears parts store, down the street from the local Sears retail
store, this weekend and ask them to order the key.

Thank you all very much,
David