Tom

taftdb@yahoo wrote in message
oups.com...
Jack,

No it is a red key. I looked at the yellow keys, but the prongs are too
short. I was looking at the power switch last night and realized that
on this router table, the key pushes back a sliding plastic plate over
the on/off switch. I was able to manually slide it back with my
finger. I figured I can just cut the sliding plastic piece off with an
Xacto knife. Also, I figured out that the full part number for this
router table is 9-26608. I looked at several other router tables by
Sears and they all use this non-standard numbering instead of the 3.6
digit format, which sucks because their parts website doesn't recognize
anything without the 3-digit prefix.

Thanks everyone for your willingness to help. I thought this would be
far simpler than it turned out to be.

David

Actually the number you are looking for is 171.266080 unless you're in
Canada and then the Sears Canada model number is 171.0970924. But in either
case, if you go to parts on Sears.com it will tell you that this is an
invalid number even though I got the number off the instruction book on our
display model. In the parts list in the book, it doesn't list the key as a
separate orderable part, only the whole switch assemble with key. That part
number is 29LCN-1019 which sells for $19.99. The instruction book is part
number 49LCN-98 and that sells for $6.09. You might be able to call the
parts department 800 number and a real person may be able to find the switch
using the model number above. Sometimes the website just doesn't get there.
By the way, it seems to be important to add the dash between LCN and the
number in the part number or it won't find the part.
Tom