Mike

Default Bosch Table Saw

Greetings all!

In the future, I'm planning to purchase a Bosch Table Saw (Model 4000).
Does anybody own one of these? If so, would you recommend this
product or should I be looking at other manufacturers? I'm a
weekend-hobby-serious woodworker, nothing big in production or anything
like that. Thanks for all you help in advance.

Mike

Charlie Self

Mike wrote:
Greetings all!

In the future, I'm planning to purchase a Bosch Table Saw (Model 4000).
Does anybody own one of these? If so, would you recommend this
product or should I be looking at other manufacturers? I'm a
weekend-hobby-serious woodworker, nothing big in production or anything
like that. Thanks for all you help in advance.

Mike

That's a job site saw, primarily intended for use on job sites, byt
cabinetmakers and carpenters. It has some great features, is
lightweight, fairly powerful, doesn't have a whole lot to rust on it,
but is limited to the stock fence, period, which has a limited
capacity. It is a screamer by virtue of its universal motor.

If you're a serious hobby woodworker, as much as I like Bosch tools,
I'd recommend you give some thought to the class of saws known as
contractor's saws, or even a hybrid style.

Robatoy

In article .com,
"Mike" wrote:

Greetings all!

In the future, I'm planning to purchase a Bosch Table Saw (Model 4000).
Does anybody own one of these? If so, would you recommend this
product or should I be looking at other manufacturers? I'm a
weekend-hobby-serious woodworker, nothing big in production or anything
like that. Thanks for all you help in advance.

Mike

I'm very happy with my Ridgid TS2400 'job-site' saw. Does what it is
supposed to: folds up and gets out of the way or into my van. As a
tablesaw...it's small but surprisingly accurate. It lets me cut to the
centre of a 4-foot sheet. (For that 8-footer...out comes the circular
saw and a long fence.)
A bit noisy..but I never turn anything on without my trusty earmuffs.
George Bame

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings all!

In the future, I'm planning to purchase a Bosch Table Saw (Model 4000).
Does anybody own one of these? If so, would you recommend this
product or should I be looking at other manufacturers? I'm a
weekend-hobby-serious woodworker, nothing big in production or anything
like that. Thanks for all you help in advance.

Mike

I've had one since January. I have the 4009 (same saw, with the fancy
folding stand). I have been quite pleased with the saw's performance.
Would I prefer to have a contractor saw sitting in the middle of a 20 x 40
shop. Yes; however, I don't have a 20 x 40 shop. Since my workspace is
small, I have to have all my tools very portable. Given that limitation the
Bosch is a Godsend. That stand is incredibly easy to set up, and the saw
has done a good job for me. I have run lots of Baltic Birch plywood through
it. Yesterday I ripped a lot of yellow pine 2 x 4s to make poles for the
tent I use for my 18th century reenactments -- plenty of power and accuracy.

BTW, unless you have a good miter saw, I would plan on buying an aftermarket
miter gauge.

George