George Bame

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings all!

In the future, I'm planning to purchase a Bosch Table Saw (Model 4000).
Does anybody own one of these? If so, would you recommend this
product or should I be looking at other manufacturers? I'm a
weekend-hobby-serious woodworker, nothing big in production or anything
like that. Thanks for all you help in advance.

Mike

I've had one since January. I have the 4009 (same saw, with the fancy
folding stand). I have been quite pleased with the saw's performance.
Would I prefer to have a contractor saw sitting in the middle of a 20 x 40
shop. Yes; however, I don't have a 20 x 40 shop. Since my workspace is
small, I have to have all my tools very portable. Given that limitation the
Bosch is a Godsend. That stand is incredibly easy to set up, and the saw
has done a good job for me. I have run lots of Baltic Birch plywood through
it. Yesterday I ripped a lot of yellow pine 2 x 4s to make poles for the
tent I use for my 18th century reenactments -- plenty of power and accuracy.

BTW, unless you have a good miter saw, I would plan on buying an aftermarket
miter gauge.

George