Never Enough Money

Default Compare Bosch Colt Palm Router to Porter-Cable Model 100

Anyone have a good comparison? How about you, Pat Warner?

I recently posted about the Bosch Colt Palm router and it sounds like a
great little machine. So before I buy it, which wil be soon, let me
leave no stone unturned and ask about the PC Model 100.

I over-analyze everything......

Robatoy

In article . com,
"Never Enough Money" wrote:

Anyone have a good comparison? How about you, Pat Warner?

I recently posted about the Bosch Colt Palm router and it sounds like a
great little machine. So before I buy it, which wil be soon, let me
leave no stone unturned and ask about the PC Model 100.

I over-analyze everything......

I bought a couple of Ridgid laminate trimmers. I use one as a trimmer,
the other as a small router for round-over bits etc. They came with
excellent guides and the base-plate takes PC-type bushings.
I have gone through quite a few other trim-routers, including Bosch, PC
and Makita and prefer the Ridgids. I cannot comment on longevity as I
have only had them for about 3 months. I almost forgot to mention that
they soft-start and are variable speed, light, and the waist-line is
small enough for single handed grip.
If they have a decent life expectancy they're winners in my book.

I have no affiliation with Home Depot, in fact, I'm not crazy about
them.... but credit due where credit is due, I always say...well, not
always, but when I think about it I say it.

Never Enough Money

Well, I went to the supermarket to buy a Fine Homebuilding. Either the
issue you refer to is last months or it hasn't hit the newstands yet.
The issue I saw has a cover of laying tile and reviews biscuit joiners.

I called my public library and they do not subscribe to Fine
Homebuilding.

Perhaps you could just tell me the results.

Bob Mejerle

My appology..... In fact, the review was in Tools of the Trade. I'm
looking at the article now, it's in the July/August 2005 issue, page 43.

The review included the Bosch PR20EVS, Dewalt DW673K, Makita 3708FC,
Porter-Cable 97310, and the Rigid R2400. The bottom-line, is that the
reviewer(s) liked the Porter-Cable if your doing a lot of laminate work.
However, for odd-job routing and laminate work, they preferred the Bosch
with the Rigid coming in second. They had mixed emotions about the Makita.

To paraphrase the reviewer comments; The Bosch was very popular with the
crew. They felt that the router was more versative with the variable speed
control. Everyone was impressed with the base, liked the soft-start
feature, and the visibility was good.

oups.com...