DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Compare Bosch Colt Palm Router to Porter-Cable Model 100 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/116030-compare-bosch-colt-palm-router-porter-cable-model-100-a.html)

Never Enough Money August 5th 05 09:48 PM

Compare Bosch Colt Palm Router to Porter-Cable Model 100

Anyone have a good comparison? How about you, Pat Warner?

I recently posted about the Bosch Colt Palm router and it sounds like a
great little machine. So before I buy it, which wil be soon, let me
leave no stone unturned and ask about the PC Model 100.

I over-analyze everything......

Robatoy August 5th 05 11:53 PM

In article . com,
"Never Enough Money" wrote:

Anyone have a good comparison? How about you, Pat Warner?

I recently posted about the Bosch Colt Palm router and it sounds like a
great little machine. So before I buy it, which wil be soon, let me
leave no stone unturned and ask about the PC Model 100.

I over-analyze everything......

I bought a couple of Ridgid laminate trimmers. I use one as a trimmer,
the other as a small router for round-over bits etc. They came with
excellent guides and the base-plate takes PC-type bushings.
I have gone through quite a few other trim-routers, including Bosch, PC
and Makita and prefer the Ridgids. I cannot comment on longevity as I
have only had them for about 3 months. I almost forgot to mention that
they soft-start and are variable speed, light, and the waist-line is
small enough for single handed grip.
If they have a decent life expectancy they're winners in my book.

I have no affiliation with Home Depot, in fact, I'm not crazy about
them.... but credit due where credit is due, I always say...well, not
always, but when I think about it I say it.

Never Enough Money August 6th 05 03:29 AM

Well, I went to the supermarket to buy a Fine Homebuilding. Either the
issue you refer to is last months or it hasn't hit the newstands yet.
The issue I saw has a cover of laying tile and reviews biscuit joiners.

I called my public library and they do not subscribe to Fine
Homebuilding.

Perhaps you could just tell me the results.

Bob Mejerle August 7th 05 02:05 AM

My appology..... In fact, the review was in Tools of the Trade. I'm
looking at the article now, it's in the July/August 2005 issue, page 43.

The review included the Bosch PR20EVS, Dewalt DW673K, Makita 3708FC,
Porter-Cable 97310, and the Rigid R2400. The bottom-line, is that the
reviewer(s) liked the Porter-Cable if your doing a lot of laminate work.
However, for odd-job routing and laminate work, they preferred the Bosch
with the Rigid coming in second. They had mixed emotions about the Makita.

To paraphrase the reviewer comments; The Bosch was very popular with the
crew. They felt that the router was more versative with the variable speed
control. Everyone was impressed with the base, liked the soft-start
feature, and the visibility was good.

oups.com...