Leon

Default Help, Porter Cable Router combo fixed/plunge sticky

Both the motor body and the housing it goes into need to be smooth. You
might try lightly filing the high rough spots. You might try wax or TopCote
to make things slide easier. I would avoid any wet lubricants as they may
eventually make their way to the wood. Absolutely do not use a silicone
based lube.

"brandtL" wrote in message
I have a great Porter Cable Router (the motor can be swapped between a

fixed
base and a plunger) but after removing the router motor one day the

aluminum
casing got badly scratched and now, it is nearly impossible to slide the
motor in and out of the plunge and fixed base. I lightly sanded the metal
scars in the motor casing with some success but now I dread changing it

Uggh. Would a light oil be recommended or a certain way of sanding or
smoothing out the casing...

Help...

Thanks

Preston Andreas

When mine was sticking, I cleaned up the contacting surfaces with 400 grit,
then applied a coat of wax. Yours may take a little more cleaning up.

Preston
"brandtL" wrote in message
I have a great Porter Cable Router (the motor can be swapped between a

fixed
base and a plunger) but after removing the router motor one day the

aluminum
casing got badly scratched and now, it is nearly impossible to slide the
motor in and out of the plunge and fixed base. I lightly sanded the metal
scars in the motor casing with some success but now I dread changing it

Uggh. Would a light oil be recommended or a certain way of sanding or
smoothing out the casing...

Help...

Thanks

Correction factors in running cable [email protected] UK diy 6 May 18th 04 07:08 PM
Porter Cable 80 gal compressor question. Rich Metalworking 3 February 26th 04 05:21 PM
Car aerial cable ARWadsworth UK diy 18 February 25th 04 04:12 PM
Is it OK to put standard "twin & earth" cable directly into the cavity of a dwarf wall? Jon Weaver UK diy 20 August 8th 03 03:38 PM
Routeing Electrical FTE cable pickerel UK diy 3 July 24th 03 12:43 AM