Ward Wheeler

Default table saw blade size

I had an old Ward's table saw that used nine inch blades - it conked
out. Bought a new ten inch saw - can I use the nine inch blades in the
new saw? Reduced max depth of cut, of course, but are there safety
issues? Saw motor damage issues? What have I overlooked?

Patriarch

Ward Wheeler wrote in
:

I had an old Ward's table saw that used nine inch blades - it conked
out. Bought a new ten inch saw - can I use the nine inch blades in the
new saw? Reduced max depth of cut, of course, but are there safety
issues? Saw motor damage issues? What have I overlooked?

Steel blades, without carbide, were common in older saws, and are not so
much so now. The carbide blades stay sharp longer, cutting more cleanly,
and, since they stay cooler, will probably cause fewer problems due to heat
warping.

Just use your old ones carefully. Enjoy your new saw.

Patriarch
John

As long as the arbor is the same size, will NOT be a problem.

John

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:12:38 GMT, Ward Wheeler
wrote:

I had an old Ward's table saw that used nine inch blades - it conked
out. Bought a new ten inch saw - can I use the nine inch blades in the
new saw? Reduced max depth of cut, of course, but are there safety
issues? Saw motor damage issues? What have I overlooked?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ward Wheeler" wrote in message

I had an old Ward's table saw that used nine inch blades - it conked
out. Bought a new ten inch saw - can I use the nine inch blades in the
new saw? Reduced max depth of cut, of course, but are there safety
issues? Saw motor damage issues? What have I overlooked?

No problem at all to use them. One suggestion though, there are so many
really good 10" blades available, you may want to consider getting a good
blade for most work and save the old ones for rough work.