Puff Griffis

Default Gloat ?

This past week at work a crew came in and replaced part of a roof =
over our roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had =
pitch soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance =
department. I asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said =
they where and I could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new =
deck on my utility trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a =
gloat or not ?
Puff

Tattooed and Dusty

Pretty much anytime you are able to find something for free and make
use of it I would say it's a gloat.

Now if you grabbed them and they sit next to the house for 18 months
before you use them, not so much of a gloat.

Good find

Andrew

Upscale

"Puff Griffis" wrote in message
This past week at work a crew came in and replaced part of a roof over
our roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had pitch
soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance department. I
asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said they where and I
could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new deck on my utility
trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a gloat or not ?

Hey, if it was free and you got to make some stuff you needed/wanted, I'd
say it qualifies as a gloat.

Lee Michaels

"Puff Griffis" wrote in message
This past week at work a crew came in and replaced part of a roof over
our roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had pitch
soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance department. I
asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said they where and I
could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new deck on my utility
trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a gloat or not ?
Puff

What I am wondering is if you had to transport those 16 footers. Most of
our pickups would not be sufficient for that.

How did you do it?? Got a serious truck or something?

mac davis

On Sat, 7 May 2005 11:38:05 -0500, "Puff Griffis" wrote:

This past week at work a crew came in and replaced part of a roof over our roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had pitch soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance department. I asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said they where and I could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new deck on my utility trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a gloat or not ?
Puff

yep.. free/had a use..

you suck, puff.... *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Puff Griffis

I used the 12ft trailer that was to welcome them as a new deck.
Puff

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message =
=20
"Puff Griffis" wrote in message=20
This past week at work a crew came in and replaced part of a roof =

over=20
our roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had pitch =

soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance =

department. I=20
asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said they where =

and I=20
could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new deck on my =

utility=20
trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a gloat or not ?
Puff
=20
What I am wondering is if you had to transport those 16 footers. Most =

of=20