Paul O.

Default Rockler Wundercoat

Anyone use this stuff before? Is this just another wipe on poly? Doesn't
smell like or look like poly. Stainging my nite stands with minwax golden
oak and was thinking about using this stuff over that since I have a bottle
of it. Tried some on a test piece and put 3 coats of wax on top of that.
Doesn't look too bad. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

snowdog

I use this stuff quite a bit on walnut (no stain), I've even used it on
purple heart with good results. I love it because of the easy clean-up. I
have brushed it on (both bristle and foam) but I prefer to use a small
gravity feed sprayer to apply it. Its a little tricky getting the settings
right, but it works great.

John C.

"Paul O." wrote in message
. ..
Anyone use this stuff before? Is this just another wipe on poly? Doesn't
smell like or look like poly. Stainging my nite stands with minwax golden
oak and was thinking about using this stuff over that since I have a
bottle of it. Tried some on a test piece and put 3 coats of wax on top of
that. Doesn't look too bad. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

Paul O.

"snowdog" wrote in message
I use this stuff quite a bit on walnut (no stain), I've even used it on
purple heart with good results. I love it because of the easy clean-up. I
have brushed it on (both bristle and foam) but I prefer to use a small
gravity feed sprayer to apply it. Its a little tricky getting the settings
right, but it works great.

John C.

"Paul O." wrote in message
. ..
Anyone use this stuff before? Is this just another wipe on poly?
--
Paul O.

Thanks John. I have started finishing my nite stands with it and like it so
far. The smell isn't as obnoxious as wipe on poly. The info says it has a
slight amber tint and does seem to darken just a tad.
--
Paul O.

Paul O.

"snowdog" wrote in message
Its also water based so it will raise the grain on the first app, just
lightly sand it flat again.

John C.

"Paul O." wrote in message
. ..
Anyone use this stuff before? Is this just another wipe on poly?
--
Paul O.

John, do you know how long this stuff takes to actually cure? It is of
course dry to the touch pretty quick, but I am wanting to put on a couple
coats of wax before assembling everything. Thanks for your info.
--
Paul O.