Never Enough Money

Default Sliding Miter Saw Table

I ahve a 12" DeWalt Sliding miter saw and I need a portable table (as
in moveable, not small) for it.

I've seen Norm's at
http://www.newyankee.com/getcategory3.cgi?Workshop

I just don't want to spend the money for the plans....

Does anyone know the approximate dimensions of this table?

Judging by the photo of it with Norm (found in Norm's Album), I'd guess
it is about 3 feet tall, and about 6 feet long w/o the "wings". I don't
know if the "wings" retract or come off or what....

Does his table include some way to fine adjust or is it once it's built
it stays?

On a related topic, how 'bout the miter saw accessories at

http://www.biesemeyer.com/miter_radial/index.htm ?

Never Enough Money

Found one in Shop Notes #11, can be purchased at
http://plansnow.com/mitersaw.html.

Still not quite what I want be getting close....

Patriarch

"Never Enough Money" wrote in
oups.com:

I ahve a 12" DeWalt Sliding miter saw and I need a portable table (as
in moveable, not small) for it.

Mine lives on top of a rollabout Craftsman mechanic's tool cabinet, when
it's not on the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle.

That's the most reliable Craftsman tool I've ever owned. My wife bought it
for me for Christmas 6 or 7 years ago, a total surprise.

Patriarch,
welcoming NEM back to the land of the unplonked. I have no idea what I did
to my filters to screen you out, or why the changes brought you back, but
there you are. It wasn't intentional.

Never Enough Money

That's a clever idea... but.. what do you do for the extentions?

Patriarch

"Never Enough Money" wrote in
oups.com:

That's a clever idea... but.. what do you do for the extentions?

Roller stands, when I need them. The CMS gets used for pretty short stock
in most of what I do on a regular basis. The MSUV gets set up in the
driveway when I'm doing base or trim for the house. It has built-in long
stock support, but is too large for my two bay garage with too many tools.

Patriarch

joey

"Patriarch" wrote in message
7.136...
"Never Enough Money" wrote in
oups.com:

I ahve a 12" DeWalt Sliding miter saw and I need a portable table (as
in moveable, not small) for it.

Mine lives on top of a rollabout Craftsman mechanic's tool cabinet, when
it's not on the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle.

That's the most reliable Craftsman tool I've ever owned. My wife bought

it
for me for Christmas 6 or 7 years ago, a total surprise.

Patriarch,
welcoming NEM back to the land of the unplonked. I have no idea what I

did
to my filters to screen you out, or why the changes brought you back, but
there you are. It wasn't intentional.

Well now that idea may have given my roll around tool cabinet a reprieve.
Currently the top collects junk and the drawer storage doesn't justify the
floor space in my shop so I've been emptying it for sale.
Move the CMS to the roll around cabinet top ... free up the 5' bench top it
now occupies and add fold down 'wings' for the occasional long boards