Patrick Conroy

Default Another Hand Hammered Made-in-the-USA TS Blade

Craftsman 10 in. x 24T Saw Blade
Sears item #00926780000 Mfr. model #26780

Wonder who's making these for Craftsman?

Charlie Self

Patrick Conroy wrote:
Craftsman 10 in. x 24T Saw Blade
Sears item #00926780000 Mfr. model #26780

Wonder who's making these for Craftsman?

Bosch more than likely, possibly in its persona as Vermont--American.

Patrick Conroy

"Charlie Self" wrote in news:1115111209.555431.213520
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Wonder who's making these for Craftsman?

Bosch more than likely, possibly in its persona as Vermont--American.

Charlie,
Thanks. Didn't know Bosch was VA.
[Glad your feeling better.]

What's your take on Vermont-American?
I've mostly avoided their stuff - thinking their low price was indicative
of quality or longevity. But if Bosch is behind them... ?
Or is it more akin to the difference between Bosch and Skil?

Charlie Self

Patrick Conroy wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in

@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Wonder who's making these for Craftsman?

Bosch more than likely, possibly in its persona as

Vermont--American.

Charlie,
Thanks. Didn't know Bosch was VA.
[Glad your feeling better.]

What's your take on Vermont-American?
I've mostly avoided their stuff - thinking their low price was

indicative
of quality or longevity. But if Bosch is behind them... ?
Or is it more akin to the difference between Bosch and Skil?

I'm not at all sure how things have shaken out at Bosch since the
latest rounds of "gimme, gimme, gimme" but I've always had great luck
with Bosch tools, and better than fair luck with VA stuff (I'm not wild
about the router tables, in general, but I'm talking about blades,
router bits, similar sharp parts, including tap and die sets). I don't
know what extra is added to make a VA blade or bit a Bosch blade or
bit. I'd love to get a chance to find out, but probably not this year.

Patriarch

Patrick Conroy wrote in
news
"Charlie Self" wrote in
news:1115111209.555431.213520 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Wonder who's making these for Craftsman?

Bosch more than likely, possibly in its persona as Vermont--American.

Charlie,
Thanks. Didn't know Bosch was VA.
[Glad your feeling better.]

What's your take on Vermont-American?
I've mostly avoided their stuff - thinking their low price was
indicative of quality or longevity. But if Bosch is behind them... ?
Or is it more akin to the difference between Bosch and Skil?

I'm glad Charlie seems to have recovered and rejoined the electronic fray.

My experience has been that VA parts seem to be one-time-use, get 'er done
items, at an attractive price. As such, I weigh the expenditure carefully,
since that seldom saves me any money.

Patriarch