Charlie Self

Patrick Conroy wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in

news:1115111209.555431.213520
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Wonder who's making these for Craftsman?

Bosch more than likely, possibly in its persona as

Vermont--American.

Charlie,
Thanks. Didn't know Bosch was VA.
[Glad your feeling better.]

What's your take on Vermont-American?
I've mostly avoided their stuff - thinking their low price was

indicative
of quality or longevity. But if Bosch is behind them... ?
Or is it more akin to the difference between Bosch and Skil?

I'm not at all sure how things have shaken out at Bosch since the
latest rounds of "gimme, gimme, gimme" but I've always had great luck
with Bosch tools, and better than fair luck with VA stuff (I'm not wild
about the router tables, in general, but I'm talking about blades,
router bits, similar sharp parts, including tap and die sets). I don't
know what extra is added to make a VA blade or bit a Bosch blade or
bit. I'd love to get a chance to find out, but probably not this year.