Rob

Default colored glazing putty

I'm trying to figure out a way to create a black glazing putty to set
the glass in a hutch I painted with black milk paint.

The only glazing putty I can find is the white DAP at Lowes/Home Depot.
If I use it as-is it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Does anybody know of a place to get this in black?

Is there any way to tint the white putty and still have it function as
glazing putty?

To reply directly to me, take out the underscore and the 3 numbers in
my address.

Thanks,
Rob

dadiOH

Rob wrote:
I'm trying to figure out a way to create a black glazing putty to set
the glass in a hutch I painted with black milk paint.

The only glazing putty I can find is the white DAP at Lowes/Home
Depot. If I use it as-is it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Does anybody know of a place to get this in black?

Is there any way to tint the white putty and still have it function as
glazing putty?

It is a mixture of whiting and linseed oil so I would think any of the
universal colorants would work. Might not be able to get a black black
though. Why not just paint it after it skins?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Ev Dugan

Rob wrote:
I'm trying to figure out a way to create a black glazing putty to set
the glass in a hutch I painted with black milk paint.

The only glazing putty I can find is the white DAP at Lowes/Home
Depot. If I use it as-is it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Does anybody know of a place to get this in black?

Is there any way to tint the white putty and still have it function as
glazing putty?

It used to be traditional to mix it with soot, scraped from the inside
of a (cold) woodburning stove or flue, for use in setting stained
glass into black lead cames. You could do it that way, or check with a
stained glass window maker to see if black glazing putty is
manufactured for that craft.

Any way to speed up putty drying...? Jim UK diy 9 March 18th 05 02:38 PM
Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty nosredna Home Repair 3 July 8th 04 09:50 PM
French door problem Scott Vajdos Woodworking 15 April 24th 04 08:06 AM
Window Glazing Jay Pique Woodworking 21 December 8th 03 07:12 PM
Double glazing - a few lessons Clive Long,UK UK diy 7 November 13th 03 09:58 AM