Ev Dugan

Rob wrote:
I'm trying to figure out a way to create a black glazing putty to set
the glass in a hutch I painted with black milk paint.

The only glazing putty I can find is the white DAP at Lowes/Home
Depot. If I use it as-is it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Does anybody know of a place to get this in black?

Is there any way to tint the white putty and still have it function as
glazing putty?

It used to be traditional to mix it with soot, scraped from the inside
of a (cold) woodburning stove or flue, for use in setting stained
glass into black lead cames. You could do it that way, or check with a
stained glass window maker to see if black glazing putty is
manufactured for that craft.