max

Default my makita: china or usa?

This group googled-out to appear most authoritative on the subject...

I have a Makita MForce 18v 6347D cordless driver drill.

i bought it at Menard's last spring believing it was manufactured in
Buford Georgia, but i have been sufficiently challenged to question
whether it was built in Buford after all. Any insight?

If this is a PRC trojan horse i am going to be very very upset and angry.

I'd appreciate authoritative, verifiable info in either direction. I'm
coming up with ... not much.

thanks.

max monningh.

--
blink

Edwin Pawlowski

"max" wrote in message
This group googled-out to appear most authoritative on the subject...

I have a Makita MForce 18v 6347D cordless driver drill.

i bought it at Menard's last spring believing it was manufactured in
Buford Georgia, but i have been sufficiently challenged to question
whether it was built in Buford after all. Any insight?

If this is a PRC trojan horse i am going to be very very upset and angry.

The wear the "Made in USA" label it has to be at least a certain percentage
of real USA parts. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a pure 100%
anything today as you have little control over your supplier's sources of
materials even if they are putting their sub assemblies together here from
unknown origins.

J. Clarke

max wrote:

This group googled-out to appear most authoritative on the subject...

I have a Makita MForce 18v 6347D cordless driver drill.

i bought it at Menard's last spring believing it was manufactured in
Buford Georgia, but i have been sufficiently challenged to question
whether it was built in Buford after all. Any insight?

If this is a PRC trojan horse i am going to be very very upset and angry.

I'd appreciate authoritative, verifiable info in either direction. I'm
coming up with ... not much.

Well, does it say on it "Made in USA"? If not then don't bet on it.

If you wanted a tool that was made in the US then why on Earth did you buy a
Japanese brand?

Perhaps you googled "Makita" and since most of the early hits were on Makita
USA you assumed that it was a US company? If so, you might want to see
their _real_ home page at http://www.makita.co.jp

thanks.

max monningh.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Doug Miller

In article , max wrote:
This group googled-out to appear most authoritative on the subject...

I have a Makita MForce 18v 6347D cordless driver drill.

i bought it at Menard's last spring believing it was manufactured in
Buford Georgia, but i have been sufficiently challenged to question
whether it was built in Buford after all. Any insight?

What does it say on the tool?

--
Regards,

Leon

"max" wrote in message
This group googled-out to appear most authoritative on the subject...

I have a Makita MForce 18v 6347D cordless driver drill.

i bought it at Menard's last spring believing it was manufactured in
Buford Georgia, but i have been sufficiently challenged to question
whether it was built in Buford after all. Any insight?

If this is a PRC trojan horse i am going to be very very upset and angry.

Will the tool be better or worse depending on your findings?

.HMFIC@1369

USA Manufactures Political Rhetoric......and maybe still Pet Rocks!

We used to do everything, then in the 80's POOF! it all started moving
overseas. Even if it says "Made in the USA", that can mean that the Final
Assembly was completed here. So all the components could be manufactured in
China and just slapped together here. I'd say if your so concerned Write
Makita a nice letter with all the details and Serial#'s of your drill and
inquire as to where and what was manufactured in Buford!

"max" wrote in message
This group googled-out to appear most authoritative on the subject...

I have a Makita MForce 18v 6347D cordless driver drill.

i bought it at Menard's last spring believing it was manufactured in
Buford Georgia, but i have been sufficiently challenged to question
whether it was built in Buford after all. Any insight?

If this is a PRC trojan horse i am going to be very very upset and angry.

I'd appreciate authoritative, verifiable info in either direction. I'm
coming up with ... not much.

thanks.

max monningh.

--
blink

AL

Unlike the other toolmakers, Makita is tricky. Some of their tools only
list the country of origin on the cardboard box but not on the tool itself.
The label on the tool will say something like Makita of Buford Georgia, or
Makita of Japan, or something like that. In this case, the address
corresponds to where it was made.

.HMFIC@1369

Yes but we also accept Chinese and many other country's products that are
assembled in Canada and Mexico and if it is done by an American Manufacturer
on this continent. I think it can still be "Made in America"

"Rumpty" wrote in message
If it doesn't say "Made in China" then it was assembled here.

--

Rumpty

"max" wrote in message
This group googled-out to appear most authoritative on the subject...

I have a Makita MForce 18v 6347D cordless driver drill.

i bought it at Menard's last spring believing it was manufactured in
Buford Georgia, but i have been sufficiently challenged to question
whether it was built in Buford after all. Any insight?

If this is a PRC trojan horse i am going to be very very upset and

angry.

I'd appreciate authoritative, verifiable info in either direction.

I'm
coming up with ... not much.

thanks.

max monningh.

--
blink

Rumpty

No, if it isn't made in the US it must be labeled as to where it was made.
This has been law for years.

--

"Rumpty" wrote in message
If it doesn't say "Made in China" then it was assembled here.

--

Rumpty

Radial Arm Saw Forum:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/woodbutcher/start

"max" wrote in message
This group googled-out to appear most authoritative on the

subject...

I have a Makita MForce 18v 6347D cordless driver drill.

i bought it at Menard's last spring believing it was manufactured

in
Buford Georgia, but i have been sufficiently challenged to question
whether it was built in Buford after all. Any insight?

If this is a PRC trojan horse i am going to be very very upset and

angry.

I'd appreciate authoritative, verifiable info in either direction.

I'm
coming up with ... not much.

thanks.

max monningh.

--
blink

max

thanks for the informative and helpful answers.

..max

--
blink