Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:33:49 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

Yeah... I gave up on that.

My personal best was a box of drawer slides from
Hafele in N.C. to my address in N.C.

When the driver stopped at my office, a full
extension drawer slide was sticking out the side of the
box about six inches.

I asked him what he thought about that and his
reply was that he guessed the shipper didn't know how
to pack for UPS.

Hafele is probably the largest UPS customer in the state.

Company I worked for before we were sold was engaged in building marine
(for commercial pleasurecraft) radios a number of years ago. One of their
qualification tests for both packaging assessment and product resiliance
was called the "UPS Test" For this test they would package the test
article as it would be delivered to a customer and send it by UPS to one of
our satellite facilities. Upon receipt, the package was assessed for
ability to contain all small parts without loss through the holes induced
by shipping and the product evaluated for operability after shipment.

Highland Pairos wrote:
In the small package business FRAGILE is an Italian word for 'kick hard
here'.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody
Phisherman

When a package arrives damaged (most likely UPS) I ask the driver to
stay whilel I inspect box contents. Often this embarrasses the
driver, but missing or damaged items can be immediately taken care of
by the delivery service company. I have never had missing items, but
broken items and incorrect items are more common. Allow McFeely's
and UPS to do what they need to do. I'd probably complain more after
2-3 weeks and expect the order to "make it right" within 30 days.
Forget about shipping fragile items via UPS.

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:06:52 GMT, "helo-pilot"
wrote:

Last week I ordered about 10 things from McFeely's. The box arrived about
four days later via UPS but had visible damage to the box itself (hole
gouged in the side). I opened it up and took an inventory and noticed 4
items were missing. Proceeded to call customer service and tell them what
was missing and requested they resend the missing items. They then told me
they would send an UPS person to my house to "verify the damage" in 8-10
days. I feel that they are just calling me a big fat liar wanting to verify
the damage and all. For someone that has gone through this before, is this
a normal practice? Should I be complaining a little more? It's like 10
dollars in product...give me a break.

THANKS ALL!!!!

CW2 Ken Gunter

CH-47D Instructor Pilot &