helo-pilot

Default McFeely's (Should I be upset?)

Last week I ordered about 10 things from McFeely's. The box arrived about
four days later via UPS but had visible damage to the box itself (hole
gouged in the side). I opened it up and took an inventory and noticed 4
items were missing. Proceeded to call customer service and tell them what
was missing and requested they resend the missing items. They then told me
they would send an UPS person to my house to "verify the damage" in 8-10
days. I feel that they are just calling me a big fat liar wanting to verify
the damage and all. For someone that has gone through this before, is this
a normal practice? Should I be complaining a little more? It's like 10
dollars in product...give me a break.

THANKS ALL!!!!

CW2 Ken Gunter

CH-47D Instructor Pilot &
Professional Woodworker

http://www.ch47.org

mp

Last week I ordered about 10 things from McFeely's. The box arrived about
four days later via UPS but had visible damage to the box itself (hole
gouged in the side). I opened it up and took an inventory and noticed 4
items were missing. Proceeded to call customer service and tell them what
was missing and requested they resend the missing items. They then told
me they would send an UPS person to my house to "verify the damage" in
8-10 days. I feel that they are just calling me a big fat liar wanting to
verify the damage and all. For someone that has gone through this before,
is this a normal practice? Should I be complaining a little more? It's
like 10 dollars in product...give me a break.

This is standard practice with UPS. It seems they regularly trash parcels
and the inspectors are so far behind that it takes a while for them to get
to you. UPS needs to verify that the package was damaged in shipping and the
packaging was up to par. Once that is done you're expected to submit a claim
to UPS and wait another 3 or 4 months to get your money. Some vendors will
handle UPS damaged goods claims for you, others wash their hands of any
responsibility once the shipment leaves their warehouse. If you're lucky
McFeely's will handle this for you, once UPS confirms the damage.

I avoid these kinds of issues by avoiding UPS whenever possible. In any
case, when I receive a trashed UPS delivery, before signing I ask the driver
to attach a note such as "carton shows shipping damage". This helps to
accelerate any damage claims. Sometimes it's obvious that the item inside is
damaged, in which case I just refuse delivery due to damaged/missing
contents.

Edwin Pawlowski

"helo-pilot" wrote in message
Last week I ordered about 10 things from McFeely's. The box arrived about
four days later via UPS but had visible damage to the box itself (hole
gouged in the side). I opened it up and took an inventory and noticed 4
items were missing. Proceeded to call customer service and tell them what
was missing and requested they resend the missing items. They then told
me they would send an UPS person to my house to "verify the damage" in
8-10 days. I feel that they are just calling me a big fat liar wanting to
verify the damage and all. For someone that has gone through this before,
is this a normal practice? Should I be complaining a little more? It's
like 10 dollars in product...give me a break.

THANKS ALL!!!!

McFeelys is doing you a favor. Your beef is with UPS, not the shipper.
They could just tell you to call UPS and work it out yourself.

Are they calling you a liar? No, UPS wants to see the damage if they are
paying a claim. They have that right. What makes you so special that they
should trust you and not everyone else that makes a claim for damage or
missing product? It will cost more to verify the claim that to pay it, but
it is how they keep fraud to a minimum.

IMO, you are being a crybaby over something that happens on a regular basis
with UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc. **** Happens---deal with it. You are getting
good customer service from McFeelys. Appreciate it.

Rick Samuel

Had a problem w/ UPS caused damage. Was told 7 to 10 days also. A driver
was there the next day.

helo-pilot

McFeelys is doing you a favor. Your beef is with UPS, not the shipper.

Actually I believe if the packaging had been better it would have never
happened in the first place...so part of my beef is with McFeely's.

IMO, you are being a crybaby over something that happens on a regular
basis with UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.

That's funny, I receive on average about 5-10 boxes a week at my home,
mostly for my SWMBO's business from all of the above shippers. In the past
three years, let's see 5 boxes a week times 52 weeks times 36 months. Holy
****... that's over 9000 packages and this is my first problem with
something "coming out of a box". Yeah...I do think it was the way it was
packaged and McFeely's was the one who packed it.

CW2 Ken Gunter

CH-47D Instructor Pilot &
Woodworker

http://www.ch47.org

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"helo-pilot" wrote in message
[...]

Edwin Pawlowski

"helo-pilot" wrote in message
McFeelys is doing you a favor. Your beef is with UPS, not the shipper.

Actually I believe if the packaging had been better it would have never
happened in the first place...so part of my beef is with McFeely's.

I'm in the packaging business. No matter how well we design a package,
someone, somewhere will damage the product. If McFeelys had a bad track
record, UPS would refuse their products.

That's funny, I receive on average about 5-10 boxes a week at my home,
mostly for my SWMBO's business from all of the above shippers. In the
past three years, let's see 5 boxes a week times 52 weeks times 36 months.
Holy ****... that's over 9000 packages and this is my first problem with
something "coming out of a box". Yeah...I do think it was the way it was
packaged and McFeely's was the one who packed it.

If your perception is as bad as your math, you may have other problems.

helo-pilot

If your perception is as bad as your math, you may have other problems.

Uhhhhhh...Ooooops

Trying to prove a point and screwed up the simple stuff.
Oh well I guess that would be 780...are you sure that 52 weeks and 36 months
can't be multiplied???? Just joking.

Thanks Edwin for straightening me out.

CW2 Ken Gunter

CH-47D Instructor Pilot &
Woodworker

http://www.ch47.org

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"helo-pilot" wrote in message
[...]

B a r r y

helo-pilot wrote:

something "coming out of a box". Yeah...I do think it was the way it was
packaged and McFeely's was the one who packed it.

I feel for you, but McFeeleys has a really good rep here, and as the
supplier to several woodworking shops, a woodworking school, and a small
wooden deck furniture factory in my local area.

FWIW, Lee Valley, who has a stellar track record both here and in my
personal experience, had a package totally destroyed by FedEx Ground on
it's way to me. To make matters worse, the package arrived with an
aerosol can of 100% SILICONE in it, compliments of FedEx. G Just
what I want in the shop!

Hang in there, McFeeley's is a class act, they'll make you whole.

Barry
Unquestionably Confused

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"helo-pilot" wrote in message

That's funny, I receive on average about 5-10 boxes a week at my home,
mostly for my SWMBO's business from all of the above shippers. In the
past three years, let's see 5 boxes a week times 52 weeks times 36 months.
Holy ****... that's over 9000 packages and this is my first problem with
something "coming out of a box". Yeah...I do think it was the way it was
packaged and McFeely's was the one who packed it.

If your perception is as bad as your math, you may have other problems.

Measure thrice, ask somebody else and cut once, eh?

JKevorkian

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:33:17 -0700, "mp" wrote:

I avoid these kinds of issues by avoiding UPS whenever possible. In any
case, when I receive a trashed UPS delivery, before signing I ask the driver
to attach a note such as "carton shows shipping damage".

Yeah, right. The UPS guys around here leave the truck idling in the middle of
the street, run the package up & drop it on your porch, (sometimes) ring the
doorbell, and are gone before you can get your duff off the couch.

Glen

mp wrote:
snip

I avoid these kinds of issues by avoiding UPS whenever possible. In any
case, when I receive a trashed UPS delivery, before signing I ask the driver
to attach a note such as "carton shows shipping damage". This helps to
accelerate any damage claims. Sometimes it's obvious that the item inside is
damaged, in which case I just refuse delivery due to damaged/missing
contents.

You must have a better UPS in your area than in mine. Where I live they
drop it off on your front porch and run like hell.

Glen
Al Reid

"mp" wrote in message ...

This is standard practice with UPS. It seems they regularly trash parcels...

It's funny how different folks can have completely different experiences with a vendor or shipper. I buy most of my computer and WW
parts/supplys online and receive several boxes per week. Other than one time where the UPS driver swiped the barcode and didn't
deliver the package (Heavy storm and decided not to get out of the truck and walk 200 feet to the house and came back later) and the
tracking info said it was delivered, but no package found, I have never had a delevery with any substantial damage or missing items.

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the house and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS is under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

--

Al Reid

Charlie Self

Al Reid notes:

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the

house and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS
is under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

I must do it all backwards. I've never had more than minor problems
with any delivery service, including USPS, but I live in the country,
so it's common practice for the mail deliverer to bring extra size
packages down to the house. If we're not home, she'll put them in
whatever vehicle is open, or leave them on the stoop.

Al Reid

"Charlie Self" wrote in message oups.com...
Al Reid notes:

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the

house and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS
is under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

I must do it all backwards. I've never had more than minor problems
with any delivery service, including USPS, but I live in the country,
so it's common practice for the mail deliverer to bring extra size
packages down to the house. If we're not home, she'll put them in
whatever vehicle is open, or leave them on the stoop.

....and thus, confirming my original statement about different people having completely different experiencesg

Swingman

"Al Reid" wrote in message

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the house

and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS is

under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

Normally I get good service from UPS, but there are always exceptions. They
once swore they delivered a package to a non-existent house number on my
street and that it was indeed officially signed for: by F. Rontdoor ... they
were actually serious.

Still chuckling over that one.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Al Reid

"Swingman" wrote in message ...
"Al Reid" wrote in message

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the house

and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS is

under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

Normally I get good service from UPS, but there are always exceptions. They
once swore they delivered a package to a non-existent house number on my
street and that it was indeed officially signed for: by F. Rontdoor ... they
were actually serious.

Still chuckling over that one.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Yea, My UPS packages are usually signed for by S. Porch g

--

Al Reid

Doug Miller

In article , "Swingman" wrote:

Normally I get good service from UPS, but there are always exceptions. They
once swore they delivered a package to a non-existent house number on my
street and that it was indeed officially signed for: by F. Rontdoor ... they
were actually serious.

You sure that was UPS? That's a FedEx trick.

--
Regards,

John Flatley

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...
Al Reid notes:

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the

house and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS
is under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

I must do it all backwards. I've never had more than minor problems
with any delivery service, including USPS, but I live in the country,
so it's common practice for the mail deliverer to bring extra size
packages down to the house. If we're not home, she'll put them in
whatever vehicle is open, or leave them on the stoop.

Charlie,

I'm glad that you too, get good delivery service from the Post Office.
But, I have to think that you must have carefully planned your of abode
location. House location is a key factor to get packages delivered to
your front door. It is intuititivly obvious to the most casual observer,
(IOCO), that it is easier to carry a package "down to the house" as
compared to "up to the house."

I'm a committed flatlander, living where elevation variations are
measured in inches rather than feet and I also enjoy front door delivery.
From the USPS, FedEx, occasionally UPS and rarely Airborne. Now
if I can just figure out how to protect the packages from the liquid
sunshine....

Jack
Jacksonville, Florida

Guess who

On 8 Apr 2005 04:58:43 -0700, "Charlie Self"
wrote:

I must do it all backwards. I've never had more than minor problems
with any delivery service, including USPS, but I live in the country,
so it's common practice for the mail deliverer to bring extra size
packages down to the house. If we're not home, she'll put them in
whatever vehicle is open, or leave them on the stoop.

Yes, but that's living in the country: Hold my baby while I count my
money; everyone knows you by your first name; the librarian keeps
renewing your subscription when you forget .....

Pat Barber

I'm in the computer business and I have had UPS guys
"roll" boxes into my office. I pointed out to them
that it said in large letters, computer equipment
and FRAGIL on all four sides. I have yet to have one
say anything in explanation.

The next time... REFUSE to sign for it and do not accept
the package.

McFeelys runs a pretty class act and I'm sure they will
make it good.

helo-pilot wrote:

Last week I ordered about 10 things from McFeely's. The box arrived about
four days later via UPS but had visible damage to the box itself (hole
gouged in the side).

jo4hn

Charlie Self wrote:
[snip]
I must do it all backwards. I've never had more than minor problems
with any delivery service, including USPS, but I live in the country,
so it's common practice for the mail deliverer to bring extra size
packages down to the house. If we're not home, she'll put them in
whatever vehicle is open, or leave them on the stoop.

I don't get home mail delivery here in booneyville; we pick up at the
post office. There are a few lock boxes for smallish packages. Large
ones are saved and a card put into your PO box. The only problem is
when you don't know how the company will ship (UPS, USPS, Fedex, etc).
Putting the 9 digit zip (last 4 are the po box number) works. Without
that, Mark the post office guy knows me and will make it right.

We have better luck with UPS than others. Their drivers will leave
packages with the Cafe or Water Co office if the town roads are
impassible. Fedex will lie if the weather is the least bit bad saying
that the "business was closed" (residential address) or some such
hogwash on the status page on the web site.

It all depends on the local branches of the companies involved.
mahalo,
jo4hn
patrick conroy

"helo-pilot" wrote in message

THANKS ALL!!!!

Ken - McFeely's is a stand-up business. I think this is "normal channels"
working their way out. If this is the first time it's happened, let it run
its course and give us a read-out in the end.

I've only ordered from McFeely's 3 or 4 times. I had one error - shipped the
wrong item - only once. I did NOT complain for three reasons: (1) it was
free and I don't look at gift horse's mouths (2) I really didn't need the
item I ordered (3) I could really use the item they shipped.

Never had a damage issue.

Also see if the UPS "umpteen days" ends up being 2 or 3...

Patriarch

"Al Reid" wrote in
:

"mp" wrote in message

[...]

Different drivers & carriers, different experiences. We get excellent
service from USPS, UPS and FedEx. My wife buys a LOT of quilting supplies
on line. I only get the most infrequent of packages from Lee Valley and
Patrick Leach.

Most stuff is brought to the door. If no one is home, it sometimes is left
with a neighbor if that's reasonable.

Patriarch
Patriarch

"patrick conroy" wrote in
:

Ken - McFeely's is a stand-up business. I think this is "normal
channels" working their way out. If this is the first time it's
happened, let it run its course and give us a read-out in the end.

I've only ordered from McFeely's 3 or 4 times. I had one error -
shipped the wrong item - only once. I did NOT complain for three
reasons: (1) it was free and I don't look at gift horse's mouths (2) I
really didn't need the item I ordered (3) I could really use the item
they shipped.

Talk about a company that knows their customers!

Patriarch

Lee Michaels

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"patrick conroy" wrote in
:

Ken - McFeely's is a stand-up business. I think this is "normal
channels" working their way out. If this is the first time it's
happened, let it run its course and give us a read-out in the end.

I've only ordered from McFeely's 3 or 4 times. I had one error -
shipped the wrong item - only once. I did NOT complain for three
reasons: (1) it was free and I don't look at gift horse's mouths (2) I
really didn't need the item I ordered (3) I could really use the item
they shipped.

Talk about a company that knows their customers!

Psychic Marketing Services.

Talk about niche marketing!!

Dave in Fairfax

Highland Pairos wrote:
In the small package business FRAGILE is an Italian word for 'kick hard
here'.

I tend to agree. The guy I ship most of my stuff through keeps
reminding me not to put that ANYWHERE on my boxes.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

mp wrote:

This is standard practice with UPS. It seems they regularly trash parcels
and the inspectors are so far behind that it takes a while for them to get
to you. UPS needs to verify that the package was damaged in shipping and the
packaging was up to par. Once that is done you're expected to submit a claim
to UPS and wait another 3 or 4 months to get your money. Some vendors will
handle UPS damaged goods claims for you, others wash their hands of any
responsibility once the shipment leaves their warehouse. If you're lucky
McFeely's will handle this for you, once UPS confirms the damage.

People seem to have this backwards. UPS is responsible to the *shipper*
not the recipient. The shipper pays the UPS charges, at least as far
as UPS is concerned, and if there is loss or damage the shipper has to
initiate the request for compensation. I know, I had UPS totally screw
up a package for me once and when I called them they told me I had to
get the shipper to file the complaint before they would even look into
it. In that particular case they never made good on it, but that was
many years ago and the guys who work for them in my area now seem to
actually do a good job. FedEx is a little sketchy, but UPS does great,
and I have never had a problem with USPS.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

Jason C Rziha; R38687

Charlie Self wrote:
Al Reid notes:

My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the

house and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS
is under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

I must do it all backwards. I've never had more than minor problems
with any delivery service, including USPS, but I live in the country,
so it's common practice for the mail deliverer to bring extra size
packages down to the house. If we're not home, she'll put them in
whatever vehicle is open, or leave them on the stoop.

You probably keep a cup in your mailbox to put change in
when you're out of stamps.

My grandfather once got a card delivered with the entire
address being "Frank". It was sent by one of his siblings
and delivered by the same carrier who picked it up.

Ah. the joys of rural living.

--
Jason Rziha

Pat Barber

Yeah... I gave up on that.

My personal best was a box of drawer slides from
Hafele in N.C. to my address in N.C.

When the driver stopped at my office, a full
extension drawer slide was sticking out the side of the
box about six inches.

I asked him what he thought about that and his
reply was that he guessed the shipper didn't know how
to pack for UPS.

Hafele is probably the largest UPS customer in the state.

Highland Pairos wrote:
In the small package business FRAGILE is an Italian word for 'kick hard
here'.

JLarsson

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"patrick conroy" wrote in
:

Ken - McFeely's is a stand-up business. I think this is "normal
channels" working their way out. If this is the first time it's
happened, let it run its course and give us a read-out in the end.

I've only ordered from McFeely's 3 or 4 times. I had one error -
shipped the wrong item - only once. I did NOT complain for three
reasons: (1) it was free and I don't look at gift horse's mouths

(2) I
really didn't need the item I ordered (3) I could really use the

item
they shipped.

Talk about a company that knows their customers!

Psychic Marketing Services.

Talk about niche marketing!!

I can't believe you just said McFeely's has PMS! =^)

Upscale

"Jason C Rziha; R38687" wrote in message
My beef is with the USPS, who refuses to deliver any packages to the

house and instead puts a note in my mailbox for me to pick it
up. It seems that if a package does not fit in the mailbox, the USPS
is under no obligation to actuall deliver the package to the
door. I avoid the USPS and insist that things be shipped UPS.

Hell, I've got the same problem here with Canada Post. The apartment I live
in has all the mail slots in a block down in the lobby. If there's a package
that won't fit, they leave a card saying that they attempted delivery and I
wasn't at home. The buggers are too damned lazy to even bother to buzz me on
the intercom much less bring it up to my door. It means a 1/2 hour trip to
the post office to pick the parcel up. It's a real pain in the ass when it's
an unsolicited thick sales catalogue that some company is trying to get me
to buy from.

Al Reid

[...]

I guess I'm lucky that my box is big enough to hold that kind of trash!

--

Al Reid

Charlie Self

Jack notes:
I'm glad that you too, get good delivery service from the Post

Office.
But, I have to think that you must have carefully planned your of abode

location. House location is a key factor to get packages delivered to
your front door. It is intuititivly obvious to the most casual
observer,
(IOCO), that it is easier to carry a package "down to the house" as
compared to "up to the house."

It's not too bad, but not a bit of my planning involved. Long, bumpy
downhill drive, but a short, level walk to the front door from the
bottom. My wife owned the house when we got married, and the State
lifted the road about 15' some years before I met her. Among the added
wonderful qualities, and the reason the driveway is bumpy, is that the
drive is actually not ours, but a public right of way (so I refuse to
repave it), and a drainage set up that funnels water from about 1/4"
mile of road into our yard (and basement).

In the 21 years before the state/county raised the road, the basement
NEVER once flooded. In the 21 years since, the basement floods on an
average of 3 times a year, never really bady, but always unpleasant.
Checked the cost to fix it and then made sure the pump was in good
shape. Checked the chance of winning a law suit against the guvmint
idjits, and decided I didn't love paying lawyers anywhere enough to
carry it through.

mp

Yeah, right. The UPS guys around here leave the truck idling in the
middle of
the street, run the package up & drop it on your porch, (sometimes) ring
the
doorbell, and are gone before you can get your duff off the couch.

At least they stop. I suspect they sometimes just kick the parcel out the
door as they're speeding by.

Bill

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:33:17 -0700, mp wrote:

I avoid these kinds of issues by avoiding UPS whenever possible.

Whenever a vendor offers me a choice, I choose someone other than UPS. By
"choice", I include those vendors who carelessly leave a text box
available for me to include additional instructions.

I simply tell them that I get poor service to my address and that if they
can't ship via some other carrier, to cancel the order. UPS acts like I
live in a crack neighborhood and won't even leave a pkg. in between my
storm door and my main door. This causes me to make a 12 mile round trip
to the UPS facility that 'services' my address ... located in a GENUINE
crack neighborhood. (I used to be a teacher about 100 yards away from
their depot.) There is another UPS facility located about 4 miles closer
to me and directly on my way home from work, but it doesn't handle my
address. As far as I am concerned, neither UPS facility handles my address.

The UPS guy wouldn't leave a small box of tomato seeds in my front door
.... much less anything that would need to be left outside of it (the view
from the street is blocked by evergreen foundation plantings -- the
package would only be visible to people already on the porch), but the
Fedex guy delivered a printer to my side door. The UPS guy leaves a note
telling me that I wasn't home and that the merchandise will be shipped
back to the merchant if I don't come get it. The Fedex guy leaves a note,
too. His note reads "Your package is by your side door, sign where
indicated and leave this note where you found it so I can pick it up
tomorrow."

UPS has this fancy package tracking service. That means that I could
follow the computer I sent my son in Minnesota (from Detroit) as it made
its way to Chicago (twice), Cleveland (once) Grand Rapids (twice),
Portland, Or (once) and Bismarck, ND before finally being dropped off,
crushed, on his porch.

UPS refused to honor the insurance I had bought because I wasn't a
company, just an individual. (That didn't stop them from collecting the
premium, though.) The shipping box had been lined with a plastic
bag, the computer had been wrapped in a plastic bag and then the whole
rest of the box was packed with foam-in-place urethane. You know the
stuff ... like the aerosol "Great Stuff" that seals around pipes going to
the outside of your house. The box was rigid, the computer was well
cushioned. Had the parcel simply gone to St. Paul early in the saga, my
son would have had the computer he needed for school. Instead, all he got
was a box that rattled from the glass of the broken monitor. Even the
motherboard was cracked from some impact along the way.

It was bad enough that they trashed that computer but it was salt in the
wound when they refused to honor their insurance contract. I'll NEVER
willingly do business with them again. Because they didn't honor that
contract, I wasn't able to even send my son the money to buy a computer
locally. (I was unemployed at the time and hadn't a dime to spare.) That
was just "wrong" on so many levels that I just don't care to deal with
that company again. The sour taste is still there.

Bill
Tim and Steph

"Jason C Rziha; R38687" wrote in message
Charlie Self wrote:
Al Reid notes:

[...]

We once received a package that said:
Steph and Tim
Two doors up from the police station
Brandon, VT

Gotta love it.

Bill

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 04:58:43 -0700, Charlie Self wrote:

I must do it all backwards. I've never had more than minor problems
with any delivery service, including USPS, but I live in the country,
so it's common practice for the mail deliverer to bring extra size
packages down to the house. If we're not home, she'll put them in
whatever vehicle is open, or leave them on the stoop.

What's your address? Maybe it would be simpler for me to have stuff
delivered to your house and then come pick it up from there.

Sounds like a MUCH safer neighborhood than where UPS wants me to go when
the driver doesn't feel like delivering.

Bill
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 07:52:35 -0400, "Al Reid"
wrote:

"mp" wrote in message ...

[...]

We've got one of those neighborhood cluster boxes (they've been broken
into 3 times in the last 6 years, fortunately we've never lost any mail).
They have special large boxes that the postperson leaves a key for if you
have a package. Even worse than USPS not delivering packages is when they
stuff a package in the cluster box that just barely fits from their side
(the back). They fail to take into account the fact that the front doors
that we access have a lip around the door frame. I've had packages that
I've literally had to rip apart in order to get them out the front of the
box -- grrr!.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:24:44 GMT, "Highland Pairos"
wrote:

In the small package business FRAGILE is an Italian word for 'kick hard
here'.

I thought it meant, "start truck tire roll here" :-)

Steve P.