Rebel

Default Looking for WoodWorking magazine

I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall
the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a
table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the
legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. Unfortunately I didn't buy
it and when I was able to return to the city, it was next month. If
anyone knows of the mag. name and addition etc. I would appreciate
knowing so I can back order. I know it's NOT FineWoodworking or
Woodsmith - I get both delivered to my door.
Your never too old to learn something new.
Ron
George Max

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 05:32:53 -0600, Rebel
wrote:

I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall
the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a
table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the
legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. I know it's NOT
Woodsmith
Ron

No kidding it's not Woodsmith. I can't imagine them doing anything
that artistic. It's not where they are.
Unquestionably Confused

on 4/7/2005 6:32 AM Rebel said the following:
I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall
the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a
table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the
legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. Unfortunately I didn't buy
it and when I was able to return to the city, it was next month. If
anyone knows of the mag. name and addition etc. I would appreciate
knowing so I can back order. I know it's NOT FineWoodworking or
Woodsmith - I get both delivered to my door.

I recall seeing just such a writing desk in the last week or so. So we
know we're talking about the same article. Desk was light colored wood
and had horizontal members (mortis-tenoned, IIRC) on three sides firming
the legs. Not sure if it was spalted maple or not.

The curved piece you refer to was parallel to these crossmembers and, I
think, tied into the "back" piece. It curved from the left front leg
all the way around to the right front. Same dimensions as the other
pieces.

Only magazines that I have been looking at recently were ALL Fine
Woodworking. Unfortunately, in addition to several newer issues, I was
looking through some issues from back in 1996-1997.

Patriarch

Rebel wrote in
:

I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall
the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a
table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the
legs was bent to allow your feet underneath.

Here's a resource or two for you (watch the wrap)

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ww_tab...049,DIY_14446_
2277820,00.html

And the Dec 04 issue of Woodwork had an article by Michael Cullen on bent
lamination of some radical curves.

Patriarch

The Spelling Police

Rebel wrote:
I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall
the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a
table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the
legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. Unfortunately I didn't buy
it and when I was able to return to the city, it was next month. If
anyone knows of the mag. name and addition etc. I would appreciate
knowing so I can back order. I know it's NOT FineWoodworking or
Woodsmith - I get both delivered to my door.
Your never too old to learn something new.

OK, here's something new: it's "drawers"; not "draws". And "you're" never too
old to learn something new. "Your" indicates ownership.

The Spelling Police

patrick conroy

"The Spelling Police" wrote in message
om...

The Spelling Police

Neither are misspelled.

Rebel

The Spelling Police wrote:
Rebel wrote:

I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall
the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a
table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the
legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. Unfortunately I didn't buy
it and when I was able to return to the city, it was next month. If
anyone knows of the mag. name and addition etc. I would appreciate
knowing so I can back order. I know it's NOT FineWoodworking or
Woodsmith - I get both delivered to my door.
Your never too old to learn something new.

OK, here's something new: it's "drawers"; not "draws". And "you're" never too
old to learn something new. "Your" indicates ownership.

The Spelling Police

What can I say it was 5:32 AM CST
Unquestionably Confused

patrick conroy wrote:
"The Spelling Police" wrote in message
om...

The Spelling Police

Neither are misspelled.

Bwahahahaahahahaahaa! LOL!

Wolfgang Jordan

Ron, the Rebel wrote:

I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall
the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a
table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the
legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. Unfortunately I didn't buy
it and when I was able to return to the city, it was next month. If
anyone knows of the mag. name and addition etc. I would appreciate
knowing so I can back order. I know it's NOT FineWoodworking or
Woodsmith - I get both delivered to my door.

Take another look, Ron. It was in the current issue of Fine Woodworking,
the master class article, page 104, 'Curved stretcher adds grace and
legroom'.

Wolfgang
--
"Holzbearbeitung mit Handwerkzeugen": http://www.holzwerken.de
Forum Handwerkzeuge:

Stephen Henry

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that magazine.

I have a book on bending that I would recommend: Wood Bender's
Handbook. It covers steam bending, laminating and others, though no
chemical treatments.

-Steve

Rebel wrote:

I was looking a some woodworking magazines last month. I don't recall
the name of the mag. The article was about wood bending, and featured a
table/desk made from spalded maple with 3 draws. The support for the
legs was bent to allow your feet underneath. Unfortunately I didn't buy
it and when I was able to return to the city, it was next month. If
anyone knows of the mag. name and addition etc. I would appreciate
knowing so I can back order. I know it's NOT FineWoodworking or
Woodsmith - I get both delivered to my door.
Your never too old to learn something new.
Ron

--

BargainBirch.com
The Internet's lowest prices on Baltic Birch plywood