Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default New Shop Layout, I think

Attached Files
File Type: pdf House.pdf (124.6 KB, 50 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 11/3/2010 12:49 PM, Leon wrote:

You'll wonder what to do with all that space, for about five minutes.

It makes a lot of sense storing the bulk of the stuff in the smaller
bay. I think the tendency for most would be just the opposite ... I like it.

That said, I think houses for horses were a fine and noble concept ...
for horseless carriages, never happen around here.

Make her park outside where car's belong...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote
Leon wrote:

You'll wonder what to do with all that space, for about five minutes.

It makes a lot of sense storing the bulk of the stuff in the smaller bay.
I think the tendency for most would be just the opposite ... I like it.

That said, I think houses for horses were a fine and noble concept ... for
horseless carriages, never happen around here.

Make her park outside where car's belong...

Yep, it is real clear who has nothing to do in the garage except park their
cars.

I find it interesting that some people are actually proud of the fact that
they don't do anything "handy". Like being an incompetent klutz is a good
thing. Those folks were openly ridiculed where I grew up.

I always considered any kind of space that can be used as workspace, it was
used as such. My honey thinks that workspace is a place to pile junk. She
doesn't know that there is a work component to the concept of workspace.
Which can't happen if there is crap piled on the benches, tools, etc.

Now if I were to ever do that in her quilting room, well, I shudder to think
about that. LOL

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 11/3/2010 5:46 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I always considered any kind of space that can be used as workspace, it
was used as such. My honey thinks that workspace is a place to pile
junk. She doesn't know that there is a work component to the concept of
workspace. Which can't happen if there is crap piled on the benches,
tools, etc.

Now if I were to ever do that in her quilting room, well, I shudder to
think about that. LOL

I thought I was married to the Queen of Never Leave A Horizontal Surface
Unfilled ... she also has check stubs from 1975, and the granite sink
cutouts from every house I've ever built ...

.... all in the same place!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 11/3/2010 12:49 PM, Leon wrote:

You'll wonder what to do with all that space, for about five minutes.

Yeah before we actually decided on this house I had a desire for the "T"
shaped 4 car garages... Man!

Always not enough room but 50% more than I have now.

It makes a lot of sense storing the bulk of the stuff in the smaller bay.
I think the tendency for most would be just the opposite ... I like it.

I still like the concept of everything on mobile bases. I hope that most of
the smaller pieces of equipment that don't need a large area will stay along
the walls. Larger pieces like the TS, Drum Sander, 15" Planer, and BS can
be easily relocated to the larger area of the garage as needed.

That said, I think houses for horses were a fine and noble concept ... for
horseless carriages, never happen around here.

Agreed but there "is" a + to letting her park inside at night when I am not
working on a project, I do have to clean up every once in a while. ;~)

Make her park outside where car's belong...

Wanna help me splain that to her? Bring your fencing mask. LOL

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in message
eb.com...

Now if I were to ever do that in her quilting room, well, I shudder to
think about that. LOL

Treading on thin ice just thinking about that notion. ;~)

Shop Layout Feedback Puckdropper[_2_] Woodworking 34 June 7th 10 01:05 PM
Need recommendations on new shop layout harsch Woodworking 5 September 16th 05 02:40 PM
Shop Layout utility John Grossbohlin Woodworking 0 September 21st 04 03:36 AM
Shop layout jtaylor Metalworking 14 August 16th 04 02:49 AM
Shop Layout suggestions Kevin Carbis Woodworking 2 August 13th 03 04:42 AM