Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default BGE table-Kinda on topic.

I went to an unnamed BBQ supply store a while back and found a
table for a Big Green Egg that I thought was awesome. Didn't
take long to move along when I found out it was $999. So I
decided to build my own the way I wanted. Results below...

Built out of 2" square 16ga tubing with a white oak top and
shelves. Given my welding skills it turned out far better than I
could have hoped.

Larry

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default BGE table-Kinda on topic. - 1 attachment

Larry wrote in
:

I went to an unnamed BBQ supply store a while back and
found a table for a Big Green Egg that I thought was
awesome. Didn't take long to move along when I found out it
was $999. So I decided to build my own the way I wanted.
Results below...

Built out of 2" square 16ga tubing with a white oak top and
shelves. Given my welding skills it turned out far better
than I could have hoped.

Larry

Sorry, a smaller image posted also...

Attached Thumbnails
BGE table-Kinda on topic.-bge_table-jpeg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry" wrote
I went to an unnamed BBQ supply store a while back and
found a table for a Big Green Egg that I thought was
awesome. Didn't take long to move along when I found out it
was $999. So I decided to build my own the way I wanted.
Results below...

Built out of 2" square 16ga tubing with a white oak top and
shelves. Given my welding skills it turned out far better
than I could have hoped.

Larry

Sorry, a smaller image posted also...

Very nice. Not to take away from your work, but it does not look like
something the store can/should get $999 for. Sure, a couple of hundred if
they used nice wood like yours.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 09/07/2010 03:59 PM, Larry wrote:
Larry wrote in
:

I went to an unnamed BBQ supply store a while back and
found a table for a Big Green Egg that I thought was
awesome. Didn't take long to move along when I found out it
was $999. So I decided to build my own the way I wanted.
Results below...

Built out of 2" square 16ga tubing with a white oak top and
shelves. Given my welding skills it turned out far better
than I could have hoped.

Larry

Sorry, a smaller image posted also...

Thanks. How hot does that bad boy get? Any worries about charring the
wood near the opening?

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote in
:

Thanks. How hot does that bad boy get? Any worries about
charring the wood near the opening?

It depends on the outside temp. In the winter when smoking at
225° you can hold your hand on it and not get burned. In the
summer when it's really fired up to cook steaks it gets pretty
hot. I don't think it will be an issue but I have a plan if it
does become a problem. Since it's tapered I'll just put a cinder
block under it and raise it up a couple of inches which should
add some clearance around the top.

Larry

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message
I went to an unnamed BBQ supply store a while back and found a
table for a Big Green Egg that I thought was awesome. Didn't
take long to move along when I found out it was $999. So I
decided to build my own the way I wanted. Results below...

Built out of 2" square 16ga tubing with a white oak top and
shelves. Given my welding skills it turned out far better than I
could have hoped.

Larry

Got any ham to go with that green egg? ;~)