Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

Default RV Furniture - kinda on topic

I recently bought a fairly new travel trailer but the previous tenants
were pretty rough on it. Th sofa is damaged considerably and the two
chairs are missing. RV companies want a fortune for replacement and
they are cheaply built. Since some of you deal in furniture, I thought
I'd ask if anyone knows of a reasonably priced source for this line of
furniture. It's difficult to buy furniture store stuff since most
sofas won't fit through the door and I'm sure these are odd sizes. Any
advice would be appreciated. Thanks - take care.

Tom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted to rec.woodworking
cm

Tom,

Camping World sells a Flexsteel brand sofa that goes on sale for around
$600.00 Flexsteel is very good quality and I think $600 is a fair price.

Craig

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

"Tom" wrote in message
t...
I recently bought a fairly new travel trailer but the previous tenants
were pretty rough on it. Th sofa is damaged considerably and the two
chairs are missing. RV companies want a fortune for replacement and
they are cheaply built. Since some of you deal in furniture, I thought
I'd ask if anyone knows of a reasonably priced source for this line of
furniture. It's difficult to buy furniture store stuff since most
sofas won't fit through the door and I'm sure these are odd sizes. Any
advice would be appreciated. Thanks - take care.

Tom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

Tom, have you checked into any of the RV discount and/or surplus
places. My brain is too fuzzy right now, but there is one (with web
site) in Elkhorn and one on eBay in Yakima and I know there are others.
The one in Elkhorn is a broad mixed firm, the one in Yakima buys
(mostly) from Western RV (Alpinlite) and the other firm in Yakima, that
I can't recall right now (I did say fuzzy)

Just found that one and the prices are much better than the dealer.
Have done a quick search and found others and will explore them more
fully when I have a little time. Thanks for the reply - looks like I'm
on the right track now. Take care.

Tom..............

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:57:02 GMT, "cm"
wrote:

Tom,

Camping World sells a Flexsteel brand sofa that goes on sale for around
$600.00 Flexsteel is very good quality and I think $600 is a fair price.

Craig

Thanks - just ordered their catalog. Take care.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom

Beating CW's price is usually -easy-. I just bought a bike cover from
RVPartsOutlet.com for almpost 1/2 the cost (and the same brand to boot)

Thanks - I'll check them out.