Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Dust Deputy bucket modifications - 5 attachments

Mods to the Dust Deputy bucket setup.

1. Rather than glue the cyclonic separator to the lid with
silicone sealer, per instructions, I made a foam gasket. Easier
to move to a new container in the future, if I need to.

2. The rigid latching edges on the lid's rim make it very hard
to get the lid off to empty the bucket. I cut away the latches
on the outer lip. Since the latches also hold the o-ring in
place, I used spots of silicone sealer under it to hold it in
place.

3. With the lid latches removed the lid can just pops off...and
thats a good thing. I made three small clips out of strips of
aluminum. They hook over the lid's rim and catch under one of
the buckets annular ribs.

4. I wanted to make disposing of the saw dust easy, so I used
garbage bags to line the bucket. Since the vacuum would suck
the bag into the separator, I added a plywood weight, with
finger holes, to hold the bag down and open.

5. I can't believe how well that seperator setup works. I use a
ShopVac with the accourdian paper filter. It would plug very
quickly with fine saw dust. With the Dust Deputy I was able to
fill the bucket 2/3s full and had only a miniscule amount of
sawdusw in the ShopVac.

Ken

Attached Thumbnails
Dust Deputy bucket modifications - 5 attachments-dddc1-jpg  Dust Deputy bucket modifications - 5 attachments-dddc2-jpg  Dust Deputy bucket modifications - 5 attachments-dddc3-jpg  Dust Deputy bucket modifications - 5 attachments-dddc4-jpg  Dust Deputy bucket modifications - 5 attachments-dddc5-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

So how do you get the plywood weight out of the bag without making a
total mess. If you picked up some flexible plastic sheets you could make
a cylinder that held the bags sides to the bucket and remove the plastic
when ready to throw out the bag.

Ken Moffett wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote in
:

Ken Moffett wrote:
[...]

Pull the bag out of the bucket and set it on the floor.
Reach in the bag and lift the disk. Knock the dust off while
its still in the bag, and then take it out. Compared with
trying to clean off ShopVac filters, it's messy-factor is
zero.

I use one of those plastic sheets to hold open lawn/leaf
bags. I see one problem with using one in the bucket. Here,
in the winter, the air is very, very dry. Static electricity
is a powerful "adhesive" right now. Pulling a plastic sheet
out of a plastic bag is going to pull a lot of fine saw dust
out with it. I will try it though.

Because these things are top heavy with the hoses attached,
someone on rec.woodworking recommended puting a free-weight
disk in the bottom of the bucket. I'm goinng to try that
too.

Ken

Review of the Dust Deputy Cyclone GarageWoodworks Woodworking 38 May 2nd 14 10:47 AM
HF 2hp DC modifications cc Woodworking 7 December 30th 06 06:01 AM
Table Saw Modifications Mekon Woodworking 0 June 3rd 06 04:02 AM
TS modifications RayV Woodworking 12 August 28th 05 11:51 AM
Alinco DR 590 modifications????? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 January 17th 05 03:09 PM