Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Dust Deputy bucket modifications - 5 attachments

So how do you get the plywood weight out of the bag without making a
total mess. If you picked up some flexible plastic sheets you could make
a cylinder that held the bags sides to the bucket and remove the plastic
when ready to throw out the bag.

Ken Moffett wrote:
Mods to the Dust Deputy bucket setup.

1. Rather than glue the cyclonic separator to the lid with
silicone sealer, per instructions, I made a foam gasket. Easier
to move to a new container in the future, if I need to.

2. The rigid latching edges on the lid's rim make it very hard
to get the lid off to empty the bucket. I cut away the latches
on the outer lip. Since the latches also hold the o-ring in
place, I used spots of silicone sealer under it to hold it in
place.

3. With the lid latches removed the lid can just pops off...and
thats a good thing. I made three small clips out of strips of
aluminum. They hook over the lid's rim and catch under one of
the buckets annular ribs.

4. I wanted to make disposing of the saw dust easy, so I used
garbage bags to line the bucket. Since the vacuum would suck
the bag into the separator, I added a plywood weight, with
finger holes, to hold the bag down and open.

5. I can't believe how well that seperator setup works. I use a
ShopVac with the accourdian paper filter. It would plug very
quickly with fine saw dust. With the Dust Deputy I was able to
fill the bucket 2/3s full and had only a miniscule amount of
sawdusw in the ShopVac.

Ken