Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Workbench with SketchUp

The top is 3.5x30x96 and the rest is 2x4 and 2x6

The bench at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/LLJ/ rendered with
SketchUp (in about seven minutes)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Attached Thumbnails
Workbench with SketchUp-llj_bench-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

Cherry paint! What'll they think of next?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Attached Thumbnails
Workbench with SketchUp-llj_bench-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Morris Dovey wrote:
Cherry paint! What'll they think of next?

Cherry??? Bah! Looks like mahogany to me. Guess SketchUp can't do colour.
Either that or I need a new video card big time.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Cherry paint! What'll they think of next?

Cherry??? Bah! Looks like mahogany to me. Guess SketchUp can't do colour.
Either that or I need a new video card big time.

Yeah - but that plywood paint looks pretty good over the OSB. :-D

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote
The top is 3.5x30x96 and the rest is 2x4 and 2x6

The bench at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/LLJ/ rendered with
SketchUp (in about seven minutes)

Looks like you're getting a handle on the program. Way to go.

Next start doing your model with the actual parts themselves as components
and groups and you can alter/refine the design, then generate a Cutlist.

I designed this hutch back in early Dec for a kitchen project from ideas
requested by that client. Based on someone accidentally seeing the attached
model in the kitchen version, which is made up of the actual parts as
components and groups, I've now got an order for two of them and was able to
turn the original kitchen based, into a standalone with slightly different
dimensions in less time that it takes to tell!

I was also able to price out the stand alone version easily using the
CutList plug-in and opening the file generated by in CutList Plus, which has
all my material prices, overhead costs, taxes, labor, etc.

Sure makes life easier ... and basically paid for the Pro versions about 8
times over in one swell foop.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Attached Thumbnails
Workbench with SketchUp-kitchen-hutch1-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Workbench with SketchUp _OOPS - RESIZED!!

Sorry about that!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Attached Thumbnails
Workbench with SketchUp-kitchen-hutch2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Beautiful!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Han" wrote
Beautiful!

Thanks .. the "hutch" is nothing more than "parts" recycled from other
SketchUp models ... 2 of my standard kitchen "base cabinets", and 3 of my
standard kitchen "wall cabinets", sized dynamically ... the same one's I
posted the links to on the wRec recently:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/files/DC-BaseCabinetParts.zip
http://www.e-woodshop.net/files/DC-WallCabinetParts.zip

When initially asked about it, I had the model back to the prospective
client, via e-mail, in under an hour ... with the preface: "You mean like
this?".

... just added a bit of trim, used doors and drawer fronts from previously
made SketchUp models I keep in a basic kitchen "components" directory, and
added a base instead of a toe kick panel. You can download just about any
kind of texture, like the frosted glass in the doors, from a multitude of
places on the 'net.

... surprised hell out of her!

--
www.e-woodshop.net