Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Workbench with SketchUp

"Morris Dovey" wrote
The top is 3.5x30x96 and the rest is 2x4 and 2x6

The bench at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/LLJ/ rendered with
SketchUp (in about seven minutes)

Looks like you're getting a handle on the program. Way to go.

Next start doing your model with the actual parts themselves as components
and groups and you can alter/refine the design, then generate a Cutlist.

I designed this hutch back in early Dec for a kitchen project from ideas
requested by that client. Based on someone accidentally seeing the attached
model in the kitchen version, which is made up of the actual parts as
components and groups, I've now got an order for two of them and was able to
turn the original kitchen based, into a standalone with slightly different
dimensions in less time that it takes to tell!

I was also able to price out the stand alone version easily using the
CutList plug-in and opening the file generated by in CutList Plus, which has
all my material prices, overhead costs, taxes, labor, etc.

Sure makes life easier ... and basically paid for the Pro versions about 8
times over in one swell foop.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Attached Thumbnails
Workbench with SketchUp-kitchen-hutch1-jpg