Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Finished Redwood Deck

Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very happy.
15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Attached Thumbnails
Finished Redwood Deck-amysdeck-2-imgp3118-medium-jpg  Finished Redwood Deck-amys-deck-3-imgp3119-medium-jpg  Finished Redwood Deck-amysdeck-1-imgp3117-medium-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.

Looks great. I'm impressed. Great job.

-Zz
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis wrote:

Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy. 15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Outstanding! That is one huge deck.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy.
15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Yeah, well, I would be pleased too if you built me something like that.

Looks good.

This deck increases the party capacity of this house by three hundred
percent!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
jloomis spewed forth:
Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy. 15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Very, very nice.
Are you leaving it natural or are you sealing it? If so, what is your
preference for sealer? Cabots, Sekkins or something else?
I hope they have good insurance, cuz I can see a drunk falling backwards of
the bench rail and hurting his selfg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Cabots is good. Penofin, I will not seal it, but the owners painter will.
The deck with a 30" height to grade is ok for a bench.....(code wise)
Anything after that......needs a 42" railing........

Good sealer and oiling......and water pressure wash once in a bit will let
this deck last......
Thank You for the comments....
jloomis
"ChairMan" wrote in message
ng.com...
In ,
jloomis spewed forth:
Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy. 15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Very, very nice.
Are you leaving it natural or are you sealing it? If so, what is your
preference for sealer? Cabots, Sekkins or something else?
I hope they have good insurance, cuz I can see a drunk falling backwards
of the bench rail and hurting his selfg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Oh Decks......yeah, I seen a lot of decks........Some are bigger, and some
are smaller. Some are a bit rough, and some are smooth......

()
what a "you tube"........!
funny
jloomis
"Calvin" wrote in message
In article ,
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

"jloomis" wrote in message
Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy.
15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Yeah, well, I would be pleased too if you built me something like that.

Looks good.

This deck increases the party capacity of this house by three hundred
percent!

Speaking of big decks....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz82fjXqFQ4

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hey, thanks......now I submit the billing and get pay.........
Looking at another tomorrow......deck that is......hum....what is the next
one?
jloomis
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.

Looks great. I'm impressed. Great job.

-Zz

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yeah, thanks.....I think the folks will have lots of good times out
there.....
He is a chef...........
jloomis
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
jloomis wrote:

Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy. 15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Outstanding! That is one huge deck.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote
Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very

happy.
15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.

Absolutely well done ... the pride in your work shines through!

Sure wish you were here.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I live in Fort Bragg, Calif. Redwood Country...I checked and a 14' 2x6 runs
about 25.00 or about 1.81 per ft. It is a 3rd growth product, and not like
#1 rdwd. Although it has many of the characteristics of # 1 rdwd...It is
not a tight grain, but large grain wood where the sunlight has gotten to it
after logging and grew fast.

Cedar is nice, and I do not mind the knots.
My property has large rdwds but I do not want to mill them.

Then again there is Fiberon, Trex, and the other composites.......
Plastic garbage bags, sawdust, glue.......yum. I have built many decks with
that material also.........

Like natural wood though.
jloomis

"Upscale" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.

Footwise, the redwood very expensive? I'm kind of jealous that you seem to
have easy access to it.

I'm just in the process of building something for a friend and had to
settle
on knotty cedar at $2.17 a foot for the 2x6" cedar. The knot free cedar
was
$6.00+ a foot and redwood locally would cost more than that. There's no
way
in hell I'm going to spend $1000 to build a cedar picnic table.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
I live in Fort Bragg, Calif. Redwood Country...I checked and a 14' 2x6

runs
about 25.00 or about 1.81 per ft.

Now I am jealous. That's slightly cheaper than my knotty cedar. I considered
composites at one point, but that's horrendously expensive around here too.
You'd figure that with our wonderful Canadian north, there'd be a
reasonable, fairly price supply of wood, but there certainly doesn't seem to
be, not in Toronto anyway.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message

Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy. 15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Looks beautiful.

Generator room? Must be around the side of the house.

I guess if you added a backrest to the bench you could have the 42" railing
needed for a higher deck.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:51:23 -0500, Upscale wrote:

"jloomis" wrote in message
I live in Fort Bragg, Calif. Redwood Country...I checked and a 14' 2x6

runs
about 25.00 or about 1.81 per ft.

Now I am jealous. That's slightly cheaper than my knotty cedar. I
considered composites at one point, but that's horrendously expensive
around here too. You'd figure that with our wonderful Canadian north,
there'd be a reasonable, fairly price supply of wood, but there
certainly doesn't seem to be, not in Toronto anyway.

I'm *always* jealous.

10' of *1*x6 Western Red Cedar is around $70 here in the UK. And that's
not the good stuff, either.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi Tom,
that part of the deck is under 30".
No 42" height needed.
Jloomis
"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message

Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy. 15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Looks beautiful.

Generator room? Must be around the side of the house.

I guess if you added a backrest to the bench you could have the 42"
railing
needed for a higher deck.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Oh, the generator room is in the inside corner of the deck. the existing
utilities were all under deck level so I had to design a stairs and small
room for generator and leave utilities at original height to avoid a large
expense with wiring and plumbing/gas/water/etc....

"jloomis" wrote in message

Hope you all don't mind but I finally finished the Redwood Deck.
I know it is not the nicest building to go to but the owners are very
happy. 15 working days, from start to finish.....
Jack Hammer tear out of old concrete stairs,
Concrete piers pour,
Concrete stair pads,
Generator room,
Benches,
Railing.......etc.
jloomis

Looks beautiful.

Generator room? Must be around the side of the house.

I guess if you added a backrest to the bench you could have the 42"
railing
needed for a higher deck.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

How to prolong life of Redwood Deck Geoff Rilling Home Repair 2 September 12th 07 06:38 PM
Redwood Deck Corinne Home Repair 5 June 26th 06 07:19 AM
Redwood Deck or Concrete Patio: What's Less Expensive? Marty Home Repair 17 June 22nd 05 05:36 PM
Deck Material: Alternatives to Redwood? Marty Home Repair 7 June 6th 05 12:44 AM
Is my deck made out of cedar or redwood? Oscar_Lives Home Repair 9 May 16th 05 04:18 PM