Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Here is another Deck......Pacific Ocean Style

this Deck was more my style....View of the Pacific Ocean
north..........Hexagon patterns........very inviting.
jloomis

Attached Thumbnails
Here is another Deck......Pacific Ocean Style-imgp0031-large-jpg  Here is another Deck......Pacific Ocean Style-imgp0011-large-jpg  Here is another Deck......Pacific Ocean Style-imgp0018-large-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis wrote:

this Deck was more my style....View of the Pacific Ocean
north..........Hexagon patterns........very inviting.
jloomis

Nice deck. Love the view.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis formulated the question :
this Deck was more my style....View of the Pacific Ocean
north..........Hexagon patterns........very inviting.
jloomis

Another beautiful deck. I really like the center of the octagon. And
the handrails are a really nice touch; mind if I use 'em?

By the way, looks like you celebrated a bit much before taking the 3rd
picture. I assume you didn't get hurt when you fell down!?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"jloomis" wrote in
:

The handrails I have developed over the years.....
I have a easy special way to make them.

I really liked your work, and your above statement begs the question:
Can you post how you make those nice handrails?

Han

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Hand Rail Design.

I take a 2x6 redwood or any other strong weather resisting wood and measure
the hand rail top to bottom and cut the 2x6 to fit.
I then draw a centerline on the 2x6 and decide where to center the handgrip
as well as the attachment. I use a 2 3/8 forstner bit our good cutting
drill, and drill the holes in the center of the 2x6 where the hand grip
starts and stops.
I then use a skill saw to cut between the drilled holes.....
I rout out the edge with 1/4 round both sides.....
Then I take the drilled 2x6 and split it on the table saw......
I get 2 handrails out of one 2x6........
I usually attach with 4" screws through the attachment parts(leading
edge-middle- and trailing)....pre-drill and plug if desired
this must sound confusing.....
I hope not....
jloomis
"Han" wrote in message
"jloomis" wrote in
:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"jloomis" wrote in
:

I take a 2x6 redwood or any other strong weather resisting wood and
measure the hand rail top to bottom and cut the 2x6 to fit.
I then draw a centerline on the 2x6 and decide where to center the
handgrip as well as the attachment. I use a 2 3/8 forstner bit our
good cutting drill, and drill the holes in the center of the 2x6 where
the hand grip starts and stops.
I then use a skill saw to cut between the drilled holes.....
I rout out the edge with 1/4 round both sides.....
Then I take the drilled 2x6 and split it on the table saw......
I get 2 handrails out of one 2x6........
I usually attach with 4" screws through the attachment parts(leading
edge-middle- and trailing)....pre-drill and plug if desired
this must sound confusing.....
I hope not....
jloomis
"Han" wrote in message
"jloomis" wrote in
:

The handrails I have developed over the years.....
I have a easy special way to make them.

I really liked your work, and your above statement begs the question:
Can you post how you make those nice handrails?

Han

Thanks!

--
Best regards