Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adjusting Pacific TV

I hope this isn't too OT for this group but I know all the real experts here (and
I feel at home here!!).

I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 - and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only two adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 15, 3:59 pm, Bob Martin wrote:
I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 - and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only two adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

Most reasonably modern TV's don't have any physical internal
adjustments apart from the two HV ones you mention.

The TV will almost certainly have a hidden service menu which can be
accessed using the remote control.

I can't find any references to your model of TV though on the
internet...

Regards,

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stevelup" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 15, 3:59 pm, Bob Martin wrote:
I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 -
and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only
two adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like
vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

Most reasonably modern TV's don't have any physical internal
adjustments apart from the two HV ones you mention.

The TV will almost certainly have a hidden service menu which can be
accessed using the remote control.

I can't find any references to your model of TV though on the
internet...

Regards,

Steve

Isn't it an ASDA badge?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 637007 20070515 172250 stevelup wrote:
On May 15, 3:59 pm, Bob Martin wrote:
I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 - and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only two adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

Most reasonably modern TV's don't have any physical internal
adjustments apart from the two HV ones you mention.

The TV will almost certainly have a hidden service menu which can be
accessed using the remote control.

I can't find any references to your model of TV though on the
internet...

Regards,

Steve

Thanks, Steve, I was afraid that might be the case.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 637018 20070515 175812 "John" wrote:
"stevelup" wrote in message
roups.com...
On May 15, 3:59 pm, Bob Martin wrote:
I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 -
and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only
two adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like
vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

Most reasonably modern TV's don't have any physical internal
adjustments apart from the two HV ones you mention.

The TV will almost certainly have a hidden service menu which can be
accessed using the remote control.

I can't find any references to your model of TV though on the
internet...

Regards,

Steve

Isn't it an ASDA badge?

Yes, it is. Does that make a difference?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

I hope this isn't too OT for this group but I know all the real experts
here (and
I feel at home here!!).

I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 -
and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only two
adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like
vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

I have a .PDF which details how to get the Pacific PTV5102 into service
mode, may be worth a shot? Drop me a line at news at hellraiser dot org dot
uk if you're interested.

Hellraiser............

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 637018 20070515 175812 "John" wrote:
"stevelup" wrote in message
groups.com...
On May 15, 3:59 pm, Bob Martin wrote:
I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 -
and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only
two adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like
vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

Most reasonably modern TV's don't have any physical internal
adjustments apart from the two HV ones you mention.

The TV will almost certainly have a hidden service menu which can be
accessed using the remote control.

I can't find any references to your model of TV though on the
internet...

Regards,

Steve

Isn't it an ASDA badge?

Yes, it is. Does that make a difference?

No - just trying to help in case anyone knows it to be identical to
something more common.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pacific ptv5103

I wonder if the 5102 manual has something useful...

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=3565
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Hellraiser" wrote in message

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

I hope this isn't too OT for this group but I know all the real experts
here (and
I feel at home here!!).

I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 -
and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only
two adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like
vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

I have a .PDF which details how to get the Pacific PTV5102 into service
mode, may be worth a shot? Drop me a line at news at hellraiser dot org
dot uk if you're interested.

A quick google gives;
SERVICE MODE1 PROG NO 75 ,PRESS OSD KEY (+) ON REMOTE AND MENU ON TV
TOGETHER FOR 10 SEC,GREEN (S) LOW LHS OSD
Is this what your pdf says?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

[...]

Nope it involves shorting pin7 of the CPU to ground while powering on, then
removing once an "S" is displayed onscreen....

Hellraiser..............

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for all the replies but I am now more confused than ever.
My TV doesn't have a "menu" button, the remote doesn't have an "OSD" button
and "CPU" - which chip is that?
However I will take up your kind offer, hellraiser, and have emailed you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

I hope this isn't too OT for this group but I know all the real experts
here (and
I feel at home here!!).

I've just bought a second-hand television - a 20-inch Pacific ptv5103 -
and the
picture is too big for the screen. I've got the back off and the only two
adjustments
I can see are marked "focus" and "screen". I can't see anything like
vertical or
horizontal height adjustments. Any hints, please?

Is this a widescreen or a 4:3 set?
If it is widescreen, you are feeding it with
16:9 anamorphic source aren't you?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%