Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Large corbels and dentils

Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately also so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in pine.

Attached Thumbnails
Large corbels and dentils-joe-30-012a-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-corbelsa-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joe 009a.jpg (112.5 KB, 34 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:07:07 -0230, "G"
wrote:

Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately also so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in pine.

Very nice! Thank you for posting the pic.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately also so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in pine.

Yeah, right.... a few of each. Can you do volume?

-Zz
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi ,thanks for the comments and Zz I am not sure I understand your post but
I posted a few pics (3) but I do have hundreds of pics of different styles I
have reproduced if your looking for some ideas .If your referring to volume
of corbels ,I make them by myself ,one at a time free hand cut on a dewalt
20 ,delta p20 or excalibur 30 inch saw .I guess if I stayed at it long
enough I could do a large volume of corbels .I cut 180 of the dentils and 30
of the large corbels in this lot to go on a house in WI (the pics were of a
few of the corbels) Thanks for asking and I hope I answered correctly.
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch
thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately also
so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in pine.

Yeah, right.... a few of each. Can you do volume?

-Zz

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Some more pics .
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch
thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately also
so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in pine.

Yeah, right.... a few of each. Can you do volume?

-Zz

Attached Thumbnails
Large corbels and dentils-1-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-2-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-3-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-4-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-5-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-6-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-7-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-8-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-9-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-10-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-11-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-12-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-13-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-14-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-15-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-16-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-17-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-19-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-20-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-21-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-23-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24.jpg (56.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (69.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (67.6 KB, 40 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

and some more pics
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch
thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately also
so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual
type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in
pine.

Yeah, right.... a few of each. Can you do volume?

-Zz

Attached Thumbnails
Large corbels and dentils-88-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-55-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-56-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-57-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-58-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-59-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-60-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-61-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-62-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-63-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-64-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-65-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-66-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-67-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-68-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-70-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-71-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-72-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-73-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-74-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-76-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-77-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-78-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-79-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-81-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-82-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-83-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-84-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-85-jpg  Large corbels and dentils-86-jpg

Large corbels and dentils-87-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69.jpg (53.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 75.jpg (51.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 80.jpg (45.2 KB, 36 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

G wrote:

Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately also
so thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual
type of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects
with walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in
pine.

Wow, that looks like a lot of work went into those just from the sheer
volume.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi ,thanks for the comments and Zz I am not sure I understand your post

Sorry, I was expressing the fact that I'm impressed in a sracastic
kind of way. I am impressed, nice work.

-Zz

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Okay I'm more than impressed! Is most of your work for restorations?

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"G" wrote in message
and some more pics
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch
thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately
also
so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual
type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects
with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in
pine.

Yeah, right.... a few of each. Can you do volume?

-Zz

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi asmurff,I originally started making fretwork spandrel and arches as a
hobby and then got introduced to all the different types of corbels .From
there I created some of my own and then started to reproduce some original
vintage corbels .I combined some rough computer skills and an ability to
draw with it and now people send me old pics of their house (the way the
house was before someone renovated and threw out all the old architecture)
and I modify the design to fit their project ,keeping the design but
changing the dimensions.
"asmurff" wrote in message
Okay I'm more than impressed! Is most of your work for restorations?

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS
"G" wrote in message
and some more pics
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch
thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately
also
so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual
type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects
with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in
pine.

Yeah, right.... a few of each. Can you do volume?

-Zz

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi Charley, of all the vintage corbels that I have seen (many) ,they have
all been made from pine( a true reproduction of a vintage one ).Fir is a lot
more brittle and splintery(if that's a word) and I am not sure that a paint
or stain finish would adhere as well as it does to pine.Where the corbels
are under the eave and not in contact with moisture from the inside of the
house they do seem to last a long time in pine but if the roof leaks then
rot starts to developed.Thanks for asking.
"Charley" wrote in message

"G" wrote in message
Some more pics .
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Hi, here are some large corbels 19x23 and 5.25 thick and some 3 inch
thick
dentils that I just finished .I noticed the group a bit quiet lately

also
so
thought I would post a few pics .I realize that this is not the usual

type
of woodworking done on this group but I used to do allot of projects

with
walnut and oak (especially pallets)but lately just architecturals in

pine.

Yeah, right.... a few of each. Can you do volume?

-Zz

I am very impressed with the quality of your work, but why are you using
white pine? If they were made from fir they would survive considerably
longer as the oils in the fir will prevent rotting and mold growth.

Charley