Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Lathe Bench 01

This bench I made over 30 years ago, one of my first woodworking tasks.
It's held up well over all these years.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Attached Thumbnails
Lathe Bench 01-dcp_2146-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jack Stein wrote:
This bench I made over 30 years ago, one of my first woodworking tasks.
It's held up well over all these years.

Jack, That's very nice for 30 years ago, but, what have you done lately?
Seriously I am envious of your shop. Very nice work.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jack Stein wrote in
:

This bench I made over 30 years ago, one of my first woodworking tasks.
It's held up well over all these years.

Finger joints on the drawers? And they've never pulled apart? Are they
pinned ot doweled down the center of the joint, or has just glue held them
together? Last question - what is the wood? I like the door on the left.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

Jack Stein wrote in
:

This bench I made over 30 years ago, one of my first woodworking tasks.
It's held up well over all these years.

Finger joints on the drawers? And they've never pulled apart? Are they
pinned ot doweled down the center of the joint, or has just glue held them
together? Last question - what is the wood? I like the door on the left.

The finger joints on the lathe are just glued. The finger joints on the
work bench are just pinned, not even glued. None of them have failed.

The wood is just pine. The legs are oak some one gave me. Actually, my
wife's uncle use to get 6x6 and 4x4 oak lumber from some steel company
that they shipped steel with. He used to cut them up and burn them. He
gave me some and they were great for a free source of oak and some
maple, but unfortunately he died and no more freebies like that for me.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ralph wrote:

Jack Stein wrote:

This bench I made over 30 years ago, one of my first woodworking
tasks. It's held up well over all these years.

Jack, That's very nice for 30 years ago, but, what have you done lately?
Seriously I am envious of your shop. Very nice work.

I haven't done much in the last 15 years really. I moved then and had
a super nice workshop in the basement of an older home. I had designed
and built everything in the shop, and it was really laid out nice. When
I moved, and got stuck in the garage, I sort of lost interest. The
garage had some half assed cabinets, some still hanging off the wall
that I detest. I was getting into computing in a big way, first
learning to design my wood projects on cad programs, but that got me
into all sorts of things, so I spent about 10 or more years teaching my
self programing in various languages and all that rot. I've since
retired from work and have been trying to re-light the fires I had in
the past for wood work. Not sure if I can do it. My only recent
project was to build a new bench for my table saw and jointer.

My eyes ain't what they used to be and I spend more time looking for
tools I just set down than actual work, so it is a bit frustrating.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Bench for lathe... Toller Woodworking 2 June 4th 07 09:01 AM
Das Lathe Bench - Up and Running charlie b Woodturning 2 March 16th 06 08:47 AM
Das Lathe Bench charlie b Woodturning 17 March 2nd 06 04:00 PM
Mini/Midi Lathe Bench in a.b.p.w. charlie b Woodworking 0 February 20th 06 07:23 PM
OT - South Bend Bench Lathe Gunner Metalworking 15 September 25th 05 04:36 AM