Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Lathe Bench 01

Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

Jack Stein wrote in
:

This bench I made over 30 years ago, one of my first woodworking tasks.
It's held up well over all these years.

Finger joints on the drawers? And they've never pulled apart? Are they
pinned ot doweled down the center of the joint, or has just glue held them
together? Last question - what is the wood? I like the door on the left.

The finger joints on the lathe are just glued. The finger joints on the
work bench are just pinned, not even glued. None of them have failed.

The wood is just pine. The legs are oak some one gave me. Actually, my
wife's uncle use to get 6x6 and 4x4 oak lumber from some steel company
that they shipped steel with. He used to cut them up and burn them. He
gave me some and they were great for a free source of oak and some
maple, but unfortunately he died and no more freebies like that for me.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com