Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Almost round - almost round.jpg (0/1)

This piece is nothing special, just wanted to illustrate a point..

I think that in turning, as well as other art forms, knowing when to stop is as
important as knowing how to make or do the work..

Could I have made the piece really, really round?
Sure.. but besides being smaller and maybe bottom heavy, I think it would be
less interesting....

I noticed several years and a wife ago that it's very true with painters..
My ex-wife would do what I thought was a nice painting and then try to make it
better by adding more detail, color, shadow, whatever... Usually it hurt more
than helped...

I'm not trying to be Arch or Charlie here, just curious if anyone else had
opinions about "when to stop" or "when it's finished"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Musing about wood going round and round. Where it stops nobodyknows! Arch Woodturning 3 April 4th 06 06:50 PM
can a small round table expand to large round dining table exist? sab Woodworking 19 December 19th 04 03:08 AM
does a round table that expands to a larger round table exist? sab Woodworking 0 December 16th 04 11:57 PM
Which way round ... N. Thornton UK diy 9 December 14th 04 05:29 PM
Which way round ... N. Thornton UK diy 0 December 13th 04 02:08 PM