N. Thornton

Default Which way round ...

From: :::Jerry:::: )
Subject: Which way round ...
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...

The teeth should face so that the cut is on the pull stroke, not

the
push. The blade is pulled tight during pulling, whereas it can all

go
floppy during push. And any man knows thats a bad thing, and leads
only to frustration.

I assume you are talking about pad saws etc., with full frame

hacksaws there
is not possibility of the blade going all 'floppy' on the forwards

stroke,
assuming that the operator knows how to tension the blade

correctly....

No I meant hacksaws, as per the question. Specifically I was thinking
of junior hacksaws, the bigger ones are different. With the juniors
the frame is essentially a stiff spring that is compresed to release
the blade. If you put the blade in so it push cuts, any time the blade
jams a bit, your pushing on the handle completely untensions the
blade, result total foul up.

Whilst you are finding a clue about hacksaws

pay attention

you might also like to find a
clue about using Usenet correctly by getting yourself a proper news

account
and stop using a archiving medium - http://www.individual.net/ might

be a
good place to start on your search for a clue or two.

thank you, will check that site out more later. I do want something
better than google, gluggle's gotten to be a complete mess lately.

NT
:::Jerry::::

om...
From: :::Jerry:::: )
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...

The teeth should face so that the cut is on the pull stroke, not

the
push. The blade is pulled tight during pulling, whereas it can all

go
floppy during push. And any man knows thats a bad thing, and leads
only to frustration.

I assume you are talking about pad saws etc., with full frame

hacksaws there
is not possibility of the blade going all 'floppy' on the forwards

stroke,
assuming that the operator knows how to tension the blade

correctly....

No I meant hacksaws, as per the question. Specifically I was thinking
of junior hacksaws,

Only if you buy a cheap one, a proper junior hacksaw has the same tensioning
device as a normal full sized one.

the bigger ones are different. With the juniors
the frame is essentially a stiff spring that is compresed to release
the blade. If you put the blade in so it push cuts, any time the blade
jams a bit, your pushing on the handle completely untensions the
blade, result total foul up.

Whilst you are finding a clue about hacksaws

pay attention

I was, the question was about hacksaws, you seemed to be talking about
either pad or power saws...

and stop using a archiving medium - http://www.individual.net/

snip

thank you, will check that site out more later. I do want something
better than google, gluggle's gotten to be a complete mess lately.

Yes, and it's making a complete mess of Usenet ! :~(

raden

In message , Huge
writes
... should the teeth in a hacksaw face?

Ask DIMM and then do the opposite

the right tool for the right job ...

--
geoff
Lurch

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:03:36 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
strung together this:

thank you, will check that site out more later. I do want something
better than google, gluggle's gotten to be a complete mess lately.

Yes, and it's making a complete mess of Usenet ! :~(

I was going to say something along those lines further up the thread,
it's confusing the hell out of me as the posts are now randomly
appearing all over the place!
--

SJW
The Natural Philosopher

raden wrote:

In message , Huge
writes

... should the teeth in a hacksaw face?

Ask DIMM and then do the opposite

the right tool for the right job ...

Don't you mean 'a right tool, in the wrong job' ?

:-)

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Ask DIMM and then do the opposite

the right tool for the right job ...

Don't you mean 'a right tool, in the wrong job' ?

He's been uncharacteristically quiet recently. Perhaps about to morph -
again?

--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Coherers

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

He's been uncharacteristically quiet recently.

Shhhhh.....

(providence + ! + not + tempt + do )

:-)

raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Ask DIMM and then do the opposite

the right tool for the right job ...

Don't you mean 'a right tool, in the wrong job' ?

He's been uncharacteristically quiet recently. Perhaps about to morph -
again?

Or off on one of his international trips to Skegness

--
geoff
Owain

"raden" wrote
| He's been uncharacteristically quiet recently. Perhaps about to
| morph - again?
| Or off on one of his international trips to Skegness

So bracing. He'll be bored rigid.

Owain

The Natural Philosopher

Owain wrote:

"raden" wrote
| He's been uncharacteristically quiet recently. Perhaps about to
| morph - again?
| Or off on one of his international trips to Skegness

So bracing. He'll be bored rigid.

With the arse end of an SDS drill I hope.

Owain