Layne

Default The answer to the old debate of round vs square dog holes

Hey all,

I was browsing the online store at the Museum of Woodworking Tools
when I came across a photo of a pair of Japanese saws laid on a
workbench with square *and* round dog holes. The square dog holes are
done in the traditional way of cutting dados into one edge of a board.
The round dog holes are bored into the next board over in between the
square dog holes. Duh, I thought, that solves the question of whether
to make a bench with square or round dog holes....just make one with
both!

Layne