Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Computer work station

Well I've been working on a new work station / desk for recording well that
turned into a small table for working on guitars, then a high boy for more
drawer space. All the pieces are covered with western style Tolex. I used
about 7 yards with just enough left over to do about 4 drawer faces. I also
put in a photo of my guitar wall. There should be description under the
photos. All I know my wife was happy to see my 40 year old desk and drawer
set gone. I incorporated all the old drawers for the high boy. Anyway I
have a decent work station now I do need some better lighting, new stole (
working on it) more guitars to match the desk, more mic,s & stands, 3 more
amps , lot more software, bigger monitors, it just never ends dose it!!!!
I posted these threw photo bucket because I know how irritating most pics
come up.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture009.jpg

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture007.jpg

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture004.jpg

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture003.jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Sacramento Dave wrote:

Well I've been working on a new work station / desk for recording well
that turned into a small table for working on guitars, then a high boy for
more drawer space. All the pieces are covered with western style Tolex. I
used about 7 yards with just enough left over to do about 4 drawer faces.
I also put in a photo of my guitar wall. There should be description under
the photos.

.... snip

Very neat, looks quite functional. Had to look up Tolex -- now I'm
educated.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Sacramento Dave wrote:

Well I've been working on a new work station / desk for recording well
that turned into a small table for working on guitars, then a high boy for
more drawer space. All the pieces are covered with western style Tolex. I
used about 7 yards with just enough left over to do about 4 drawer faces.
I also put in a photo of my guitar wall. There should be description under
the photos.

... snip

Nicely done.
By the way- what mic do you have in front of the amp?

Cheers
Mike
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Michael Beacom" wrote in message
In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Sacramento Dave wrote:

Well I've been working on a new work station / desk for recording well
that turned into a small table for working on guitars, then a high boy
for
more drawer space. All the pieces are covered with western style Tolex.
used about 7 yards with just enough left over to do about 4 drawer
faces.
I also put in a photo of my guitar wall. There should be description
under
the photos.

... snip

Nicely done.
By the way- what mic do you have in front of the amp?

Cheers
Mike

It's a Nady RSM-4 studio Ribbon Mic. I got a deal at Guitar center on when
I bought something else. I also have a shure 58 I think the Nady is better.
All this recording is new to me so I'm still learning. All the custom
guitars in the pics. are ones I've made.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
Well I've been working on a new work station / desk for recording

well

One other thing you might consider for your work station. I see that you've
got wiring all over the place. When I get around to building a monster
computer work station for myself, I'm planning on running a 3" or so plastic
conduit pipe the full length of the unit to carry all the wiring. The piping
will run along the back 90° inside angle of the unit either just above the
table height or just below it. I'll drill holes in it where access is
convenient. As well, I plan on adding a full length power strip.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
Well I've been working on a new work station / desk for recording

well

One other thing you might consider for your work station. I see that
you've
got wiring all over the place. When I get around to building a monster
computer work station for myself, I'm planning on running a 3" or so
plastic
conduit pipe the full length of the unit to carry all the wiring. The
piping
will run along the back 90° inside angle of the unit either just above the
table height or just below it. I'll drill holes in it where access is
convenient. As well, I plan on adding a full length power strip.

Your right I thought about a false back, Maybe when I get everything set up
just right, But if you know about guitar and the gear to go with it's always
changing.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mapdude" wrote in message
A better idea is some of that velcro webbing cable wrap like they use
for audio / video installations.

I considered that idea at one point, but discarded it, at least for me. I'm
constantly changing cables, adding new cables and upgrading or modifying my
computer. That means regular feeding or removal of cable and the conduit
pipe is more conducive to easy change.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I also had problems running computer cables in my computer cabinet. What I
decided to
do is add 2-3" to the back where the new back will be. The old location I'm
hanging dark
material so all the cables will be hidden but easy access to. I could fasten
some Velcro straps
to keep it a little organized.

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
Well I've been working on a new work station / desk for recording

well

One other thing you might consider for your work station. I see that
you've
got wiring all over the place. When I get around to building a monster
computer work station for myself, I'm planning on running a 3" or so
plastic
conduit pipe the full length of the unit to carry all the wiring. The
piping
will run along the back 90° inside angle of the unit either just above the
table height or just below it. I'll drill holes in it where access is
convenient. As well, I plan on adding a full length power strip.

Details of my welding bench / work station Speechless Metalworking 3 August 27th 05 05:46 PM
Computer work area Paul S UK diy 27 August 8th 05 10:05 AM
Recommendations for soldering station and Desoldering station or rework station. Z Electronics Repair 0 May 9th 04 04:15 AM