Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default little barn progress.. way *on* topic

It's way on topic because it's not just made of wood... it's largely for
wood. Sure, it will house lawn equipment, but it will finally provide me
with a pace to have a meaningful lumber stash (the loft).

I had my barn raising this weekend I assembled and connected the first 3
bents on Friday afternoon (me, Dad and 1 BIL) . Saturday, with a crew of 8,
we assembled the rest of the skeleton. I had a crew of six for a few hours
Sunday and we got the N/S siding done and the roof deck done. Felt (tar
paper) was my solo-job for the afternoon. It's dry; I'm happy.

So far so good, I'm confident that the tin roof an cupola will really
(aesthetically) pull it together .

-Steve

Attached Thumbnails
little barn progress.. way *on* topic-barn1-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-barn3-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-5-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-4-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-1-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
It's way on topic because it's not just made of wood... it's largely for
wood. Sure, it will house lawn equipment, but it will finally provide me
with a pace to have a meaningful lumber stash (the loft).

I had my barn raising this weekend I assembled and connected the first 3
bents on Friday afternoon (me, Dad and 1 BIL) . Saturday, with a crew of
8,
we assembled the rest of the skeleton. I had a crew of six for a few hours
Sunday and we got the N/S siding done and the roof deck done. Felt (tar
paper) was my solo-job for the afternoon. It's dry; I'm happy.

So far so good, I'm confident that the tin roof an cupola will really
(aesthetically) pull it together .

Very few project like this are so beautiful as what you are doing. I love
the concept of a miniature, old fashion barn. You have all the the classic
wood joints and supporting structure. It is enough to make an old wood
dorker hyperventilate with envy.

Keep up the good work there Steve.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

C & S wrote:
It's way on topic because it's not just made of wood... it's largely for
wood. Sure, it will house lawn equipment, but it will finally provide me
with a pace to have a meaningful lumber stash (the loft).

I had my barn raising this weekend I assembled and connected the first 3
bents on Friday afternoon (me, Dad and 1 BIL) . Saturday, with a crew of 8,
we assembled the rest of the skeleton. I had a crew of six for a few hours
Sunday and we got the N/S siding done and the roof deck done. Felt (tar
paper) was my solo-job for the afternoon. It's dry; I'm happy.

So far so good, I'm confident that the tin roof an cupola will really
(aesthetically) pull it together .

-Steve

Beautiful Steve, I can just imagine what that stone will look like with
the cupola; a real "old world" feel.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

C & S wrote:

It's way on topic because it's not just made of wood... it's largely for
wood. Sure, it will house lawn equipment, but it will finally provide me
with a pace to have a meaningful lumber stash (the loft).

..... snip
So far so good, I'm confident that the tin roof an cupola will really
(aesthetically) pull it together .

-Steve

Very nice. Reflects really good craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Please post pictures when you are finished.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"C & S" wrote in
:

It's way on topic because it's not just made of wood... it's largely
for wood. Sure, it will house lawn equipment, but it will finally
provide me with a pace to have a meaningful lumber stash (the loft).

I had my barn raising this weekend I assembled and connected the
first 3 bents on Friday afternoon (me, Dad and 1 BIL) . Saturday, with
a crew of 8, we assembled the rest of the skeleton. I had a crew of
six for a few hours Sunday and we got the N/S siding done and the roof
deck done. Felt (tar paper) was my solo-job for the afternoon. It's
dry; I'm happy.

So far so good, I'm confident that the tin roof an cupola will really
(aesthetically) pull it together .

-Steve

end

Hey Steve,

Once you finish the building, just how are you planning to get lumber
into storage from the ground to the loft? If it's by stairs, you either
have Bionic legs, or are a glutton for leg pain.

Elaborate please.

B.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

C & S wrote:

| It's dry; I'm happy.

It's definitely a piece of work to be proud of!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I am just SO jealous!
I love the stone foundation. Hubs saw it and got all enthusiastic too.
It's going to be wonderful!

Will you have heat and AC in it?

Kate

"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
It's way on topic because it's not just made of wood... it's largely for
wood. Sure, it will house lawn equipment, but it will finally provide me
with a pace to have a meaningful lumber stash (the loft).

I had my barn raising this weekend I assembled and connected the first 3
bents on Friday afternoon (me, Dad and 1 BIL) . Saturday, with a crew of 8,
we assembled the rest of the skeleton. I had a crew of six for a few hours
Sunday and we got the N/S siding done and the roof deck done. Felt (tar
paper) was my solo-job for the afternoon. It's dry; I'm happy.

So far so good, I'm confident that the tin roof an cupola will really
(aesthetically) pull it together .

-Steve

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hey Steve,

Once you finish the building, just how are you planning to get lumber
into storage from the ground to the loft? If it's by stairs, you either
have Bionic legs, or are a glutton for leg pain.

There will be a loft door (3'x4'-7") on one gable end. The sill of that door
will be just under 8' above the exterior grade. I should be a be able to
just "toss" boards up there.

As for masochistic board portage...BTDT. ;-) Most of that 3000 bd ft of barn
wood made it all the way of a flight of stairs into my above-the-garage shop
for some sort of processing.

Regards,

Steve

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

C & S wrote:
No. It's strictly for storage.

"Kate" wrote in message
I am just SO jealous!
I love the stone foundation. Hubs saw it and got all enthusiastic too.
It's going to be wonderful!

Will you have heat and AC in it?

No. It's strictly for storage.

Damn! Almost a crime to "waste" that beauty on storage.

Very nicely done. A couple years from now it'll look like it's been
there "forever."
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

No. It's strictly for storage.

Damn! Almost a crime to "waste" that beauty on storage.

Very nicely done. A couple years from now it'll look like it's been
there "forever."

While I was working on the stone I commented that one the stones already had
moss on it. Her take on it was: "That's aweful..like mold".... I didn't try
to argue.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default little barn progress.. more pictures

I just got my dad's photo collection from the weekend... here's some
in-progress shots.

Attached Thumbnails
little barn progress.. way *on* topic-267-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-151-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-155-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-173-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-181-jpg

little barn progress.. way *on* topic-190-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-213-jpg  little barn progress.. way *on* topic-141-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 206.jpg (122.1 KB, 64 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

WOW!
Framing all done with joinery.
That's what I call craftsmanship.

Francis

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:00:33 -0400, "C & S"
wrote:

I just got my dad's photo collection from the weekend... here's some
in-progress shots.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Thanks for sharing. Definately worth a look.

jc

Work in progress tom Woodworking 0 May 23rd 07 01:52 AM
Bed progress Stoutman Woodworking 25 February 20th 07 04:09 PM
Work in progress Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 2 October 4th 06 07:18 PM
Slow progress.. steamer Metalworking 7 March 15th 06 02:23 AM
new topic, off topic, about new topics [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 27th 05 02:05 PM