Larry Day

Default Airshield Face Mask

Does anyone have any experience with the Airshield face mask/dust filter
from Trend Routing? I'm considering one but don't know much about them. I
see that they have a 70db fan in them, and I worried that it would be pretty
noisy. What other options should I consider? I have seen the Triton and 3M
(very pricey) but only want to buy one, what do you use/recommend?
Thanks
Larry

Ron Kolakowski

I bought the Triton a couple of months ago, and have been very satisfied.
It's comfortable, pretty quiet, and very effective in filtering the air. I
use it both for turning and other woodworking, and it's really made a
difference in how I feel after a day of making shavings.

Richard

I got the Trend Airshield about a year ago. I usually have the radio on in
my workshop and, while I can certainly hear the fan, it has never got in the
way of being able to hear the radio - which is not turned up particularly
loud.

Richard
"Larry Day" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience with the Airshield face mask/dust filter
from Trend Routing? I'm considering one but don't know much about them.

see that they have a 70db fan in them, and I worried that it would be

pretty
noisy. What other options should I consider? I have seen the Triton and

3M
(very pricey) but only want to buy one, what do you use/recommend?
Thanks
Larry

Peter Charles Fagg

Larry, I used to use the 3M Airlite but spares in the UK are difficult
and I think it is discontinued and as you say pricey! Invested in the
Airshield last October and am pleased with the whole arrangement.
Noise levels are less than my 3M visor, filtration and seals good.
Downside, 14 hours recharge for battery pack, have bought 2 packs to
keep them in rotation, really need 3 plus extra charger. Will
probably purchase the same soon, much cheaper than the 3M.

Regards,
Peter Charles Fagg
Freshwater, Isle of Wight,
United Kingdom.
www.petersplatters.co.uk
Each can do but little!
But if each DID that little,
ALL would be done!

Wor out a 3M . Purchased the Trend Airshiled as a replacement. Quieter,
probably as efficient. A bit more difficult to put on. The tip up
feature in my estimation is not all that usefull because the mask falls
off. Maybe an adjustment is needed. I like it. The faceplate shileds
are unreasonabley expensive. I have read of a way to make a battery
replacement that increases the running itme of the fan. I bought the
extra battery just in case though and it is needed. I found mine on
sale at allprotools .com. for about $90 less than the going rate. Even
though it is a bit more cumbersome than the 3M if both were available
I'd buy it agin in preference to the 3M because of the better
filtration....

Ralph

I bought the Purlite airshield a few years ago. I think it's the
forerunner of the Trend. Looks identical and was around befor the
Trend. However, whatever the name is I am extremelly happy with it and
it didn't cost an arm, leg and my firstborne. You might gather from
this that I like It!(Anyone want my firstborne -- CHEAP?)

coffeechocofreak

The Trend airshield seems much quieter than 70db to me.