Ray Sandusky

Default Is There a Computer Program?

I am looking for a program that will take a string of text - like a
Confusciousism ..."He who sticks face in fruit juice gets punch in the nose"
and print it in such a way that will allow it to be printed then transferred
directly onto the rim or below the rim of a bowl.

Does this exist?

Thanks

Ray

PS: Don't get any ideas from this post!

Ray Sandusky

As a guide for transferring then carving or burning

George

Can't you do that with the text art in MS Word? If not, PrintShop and
similar usually allow arc text.

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
As a guide for transferring then carving or burning

Ray Sandusky

George

The capability of the Word art and Printshop functions are not that good -
there is no way to make the arc a specific length based on the circumference
or the radius of the bowl - I am looking for a program that will do
something like a panoramic picture - calculate the length and the roundness
of the semi- sphere of the bowl and then make the text fit those
dimensions - not an easy thing to figure out without some serious
mathematical ciphering

Ray

George

Sounds like you'll have to step up to something like a real publisher or
drawing program. No help, but I knew there was some reason I keep up with
Adobe. Two ways to do it there.

Go with one of the free CAD programs, I guess. They work for arc, then fit
the text.

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
George

The capability of the Word art and Printshop functions are not that good -
there is no way to make the arc a specific length based on the

circumference
or the radius of the bowl - I am looking for a program that will do
something like a panoramic picture - calculate the length and the

roundness
of the semi- sphere of the bowl and then make the text fit those
dimensions - not an easy thing to figure out without some serious
mathematical ciphering

Ray

Tony Manella

Hi Ray,
The only program I know of that can do all that you ask is AutoCAD. It cost
about $3500 or so. AutoCAD LT might be able to do it but I have never used
that trimmed down version, costs around $500. Both are very expensive
unless you know someone who could do it for you.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.com/

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
I am looking for a program that will take a string of text - like a
Confusciousism ..."He who sticks face in fruit juice gets punch in the

nose"
and print it in such a way that will allow it to be printed then

transferred
directly onto the rim or below the rim of a bowl.

Does this exist?

Thanks

Ray

PS: Don't get any ideas from this post!

Ray Sandusky

I got some advice that I think will work

Take a pen and paper and trace the line of the bowl on the paper
Scan that line into the PC
Load it into Illustrator or Photoshop
Write the text
adhere it on the arc
Print and trace the text ontot he bowl and away we go!

Ray

"George" george@least wrote in message
[...]

Kilcummin

Any Word Processor such as Microsoft Word could set up the text in the
computer
easily enough. What you need is a printer of sorts which can apply the
output
of the word processor to the bowl. That is going to be a very specialized
piece
of equipment which will probably cost $5000 or more.

rhncue

If I understand right what you want to do why not just measure the
circumference of the bowl where you want the printing, go to Word and size
to fit, then print to transfer paper used for transferring images to shirts
and such. Seems easy enough if you are trying to do what I think you are.
Dick
--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building fine pool cues for real pool players at affordable prices.
"Kilcummin" wrote in message
Any Word Processor such as Microsoft Word could set up the text in the
computer
easily enough. What you need is a printer of sorts which can apply the
output
of the word processor to the bowl. That is going to be a very specialized
piece
of equipment which will probably cost $5000 or more.

Ray Sandusky

Dick

The problem is the text needs to follow an arc because the bowl is round the
text if printed out straight will need to be manually adjusted for each
letter to come out right - that is what I am doing now - but I want to find
and use an application that would make the process easier! I think Adobe
Ilustrator will do the trick - I have it and will give it a shot.

Ray