George

Hey, if you've got Illustrator, should be a piece of cake.

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
I got some advice that I think will work

Take a pen and paper and trace the line of the bowl on the paper
Scan that line into the PC
Load it into Illustrator or Photoshop
Write the text
adhere it on the arc
Print and trace the text ontot he bowl and away we go!

Ray

"George" george@least wrote in message
Sounds like you'll have to step up to something like a real publisher or
drawing program. No help, but I knew there was some reason I keep up

with
Adobe. Two ways to do it there.

Go with one of the free CAD programs, I guess. They work for arc, then
fit
the text.

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
George

The capability of the Word art and Printshop functions are not that
good -
there is no way to make the arc a specific length based on the

circumference
or the radius of the bowl - I am looking for a program that will do
something like a panoramic picture - calculate the length and the

roundness
of the semi- sphere of the bowl and then make the text fit those
dimensions - not an easy thing to figure out without some serious
mathematical ciphering

Ray