Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
moyo

Default green Holly

Turned a really pretty "object" the other day out of fresh cut Nellie
Steven's holly. The object was a cross between a bowl with high sides
and a goblet without a handle...pretty much a "whachamacallit". Now,
being an accomplished whachamacallit turner, I'd like to ask another
turner what they would do to the wood prior to turning to insure
against cracking. I told my SWMBO that the object was going to crack
and it did.

moyo

Paint a green bath white? Paul Clarke UK diy 3 March 27th 04 01:03 AM
Turning green wood js Woodworking 11 December 11th 03 10:37 PM
FS: Green & Green book Rick Stein Woodworking 2 October 11th 03 03:59 AM
Is tanalised timber green? Eric Cartman UK diy 14 July 18th 03 05:26 PM