Tony Manella

Default green Holly

Thanks Owen, I'll try that on the next piece.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.org/

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Tony Manella" ndd1atprolog.net wrote:

but I
haven't found any other way to keep the beautiful white color. I tried
putting the fresh cut wood right into our freezer and it still got the

blue
stain within a month.

Hi Tony. Sorry for the delayed response, but I was hoping the brain
cells would make a good connection to allow me to remember where I read,
over-heard, saw the following: (I was elected chapter librarian for the
coming year and this week have been skimming through just about every
book, magazine, newspaper and video as I catalog the library.)

Someone sprays lemon juice on turnings to keep the staining at bay - I
don't recall if they were referring to holly or not, but it may be worth
a try.

_____
American Association of Woodturners
Cascade Woodturners Assoc., Portland, Oregon
Northwest Woodturners, Tigard, Oregon
_____