Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default pressure tank

I,m looking for a pressure tank for stabiling wood.Does antone have a
suggestion.
Kevin

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:11:47 -0500, "Kevin Cleary"
wrote:

I,m looking for a pressure tank for stabiling wood.Does antone have a
suggestion.
Kevin

Have heard others mention Harbor Freight, can't speak from experience.
I got mine years ago at Sears.

Lenny
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Jan 28, 2:11*pm, "Kevin Cleary" wrote:
I,m looking for a pressure tank for stabiling wood.Does antone have a
suggestion.
Kevin

Are you trying to pressure treat your wood like the commercial lumber
treaters do?
I have never seen a small autoclave for this purpose. I suppose that
you could adapt a big pressure cooker to this purpose.
I once had a 10 qt. canner with wing nuts around the rim that I got at
an estate sale in rural Okla.

What kind of a solution are you trying to push into the wood? The CCA
and Copper-quat big boys use special alloys as the solution is acidic.

Paul Gilbert
Dallas
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks for all your suggestons.
Kevin
"Paul Gilbert" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 2:11 pm, "Kevin Cleary" wrote:
I,m looking for a pressure tank for stabiling wood.Does antone have a
suggestion.
Kevin

Are you trying to pressure treat your wood like the commercial lumber
treaters do?
I have never seen a small autoclave for this purpose. I suppose that
you could adapt a big pressure cooker to this purpose.
I once had a 10 qt. canner with wing nuts around the rim that I got at
an estate sale in rural Okla.

What kind of a solution are you trying to push into the wood? The CCA
and Copper-quat big boys use special alloys as the solution is acidic.

Paul Gilbert
Dallas

Water Storage Tank - Plumbing the Pump & Pressure Tank Scott Townsend Home Repair 13 September 28th 15 05:17 AM
water tank pressure is gaining air pressure grick8 Home Repair 5 February 5th 08 12:17 AM
Well pressure tank [email protected] Home Ownership 1 April 29th 07 07:53 PM
Pressure tank Mike Home Repair 9 March 26th 05 07:36 PM
Home water tank water tank pressure not right, do I need a new tank? Gary Slusser Home Repair 2 August 11th 03 04:45 AM