Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Paul Gilbert[_2_] Paul Gilbert[_2_] is offline

Default pressure tank

On Jan 28, 2:11*pm, "Kevin Cleary" wrote:
I,m looking for a pressure tank for stabiling wood.Does antone have a
suggestion.
Kevin

Are you trying to pressure treat your wood like the commercial lumber
treaters do?
I have never seen a small autoclave for this purpose. I suppose that
you could adapt a big pressure cooker to this purpose.
I once had a 10 qt. canner with wing nuts around the rim that I got at
an estate sale in rural Okla.

What kind of a solution are you trying to push into the wood? The CCA
and Copper-quat big boys use special alloys as the solution is acidic.

Paul Gilbert
Dallas