Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default HF mini lathe redux

Well, I forget where I left the other thread so here's a little review after
a little use.

It's a solid machine with plenty accoutrements. I still need to try the
faceplates on my old Sears monotube but I think they can be made to fit
which is a real plus. It spins up, it keeps spinning and after a little
adjusting of belt tension, it spins even better. For small parts, it is
enough... barely. It is (opinion, here) underpowered but once I honed new
edges on my tools, not so much. I'm not sure I'd suggest it to anyone but I
won't be taking it back.

Ed

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"cm" wrote in
:

Ed,

Thanks for the review. I think I'll try the next one up if it goes on
sale.

cm

There are also 20% HF coupons in a couple of woodworking magazines
recently. I've left one in my car for the next time I go by one of their
brick and mortars.

-- K

Step up from mini-lathe/mini-mill Usenet Metalworking 14 April 20th 06 06:31 AM
Warm Delta Lathe Redux Mr. Moose Woodturning 3 December 17th 05 04:34 PM
Mini Metal lathe vs mini wood lathes - for pen turning Makin Sawdust in So. FLA. Woodturning 1 November 24th 05 05:25 AM
Best mini-lathe Ecnerwal Woodturning 2 November 2nd 04 12:57 AM
craftsman 109.20630 mini lathe -- my first lathe!! yay!! drew j. Metalworking 5 November 22nd 03 12:46 AM