DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HF mini lathe redux (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/287204-hf-mini-lathe-redux.html)

Ed Edelenbos September 15th 09 12:38 AM

HF mini lathe redux

Well, I forget where I left the other thread so here's a little review after
a little use.

It's a solid machine with plenty accoutrements. I still need to try the
faceplates on my old Sears monotube but I think they can be made to fit
which is a real plus. It spins up, it keeps spinning and after a little
adjusting of belt tension, it spins even better. For small parts, it is
enough... barely. It is (opinion, here) underpowered but once I honed new
edges on my tools, not so much. I'm not sure I'd suggest it to anyone but I
won't be taking it back.

Ed

cm[_2_] September 17th 09 02:37 PM

HF mini lathe redux

Ed,

Thanks for the review. I think I'll try the next one up if it goes on sale.

cm

Kurt[_3_] September 21st 09 01:43 AM

HF mini lathe redux

"cm" wrote in
:

Ed,

Thanks for the review. I think I'll try the next one up if it goes on
sale.

cm

There are also 20% HF coupons in a couple of woodworking magazines
recently. I've left one in my car for the next time I go by one of their
brick and mortars.

-- K