Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default HF mini lathe redux

Well, I forget where I left the other thread so here's a little review after
a little use.

It's a solid machine with plenty accoutrements. I still need to try the
faceplates on my old Sears monotube but I think they can be made to fit
which is a real plus. It spins up, it keeps spinning and after a little
adjusting of belt tension, it spins even better. For small parts, it is
enough... barely. It is (opinion, here) underpowered but once I honed new
edges on my tools, not so much. I'm not sure I'd suggest it to anyone but I
won't be taking it back.

Ed