Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

Default Gloat

At a yard sale yesterday:

#1 - A box full of turning tools. Some were inexpensive types, six were Sorby's still in the
plastic from Woodcraft, and there was a set of pen-turners mini-chisels. None had ever been
sharpened. Total of 19 different tools. 2 unopened MT2 pen mandrel sets, 2 pen drilling jigs, one
pen assembly press, a box of assorted pen blanks, a pair of pen blank trimming tools, a dozen pen
kits, 2 new bottles of Hut polish, Hut wax sticks, two new long push pads for a jointer, centering
marker, tool bag, and a box of miscellaneous mandrels, spare bushings, replacement cutters for the
pen trimming tools, pen assembly tools, etc. Price $125,

#2 - Next to the box was a brand new Jet mini lathe that had been purchased to use all the stuff
from #1 on. I don't think it had ever been used-not even a scratch in the paint on the tool rest.
Price $150.

#3 - SWMBO went with me to this sale and was watching me as I looked over all these bargains. The
owner walked over to us and before he could say a word, SWMBO pulled two C-notes out of her purse
and handed them to him with the words "For the lot." Thirty seconds later I'm carrying a mini
lathe out to the truck, and SWMBO is toting that box full of turning tools.

Gotta love that gal. She's my real gloat.

Regards,
Roy

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

On 2009-08-17, Roy wrote:
Price $150.

I hope you get gingivitus! :|

nb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

At a yard sale yesterday:

#2 - Next to the box was a brand new Jet mini lathe that had been purchased to use all the stuff

#3 - SWMBO went with me to this sale and was watching me as I looked over all these bargains. The
owner walked over to us and before he could say a word, SWMBO pulled two C-notes out of her purse
and handed them to him with the words "For the lot." Thirty seconds later I'm carrying a mini
lathe out to the truck, and SWMBO is toting that box full of turning tools.

Gotta love that gal. She's my real gloat.

Regards,
Roy

Just think... the same thing will happen to our stuff in time.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

"sbnjhfty" wrote in message
Roy wrote:

At a yard sale yesterday:

Just think... the same thing will happen to our stuff in time.

Not if you train your kids right... mine will likely be fighting over my
stuff. ;~) "

I want the L-N No 7..." "NO, I want it!" "I said I wanted it first!" "That's
not fair, you took the L-N No 5 already...."

John

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

On Aug 16, 5:14*pm, Roy wrote:
At a yard sale yesterday:

snip of suckage

Gotta love that gal. *She's my real gloat. *

Definitely a keeper.

Luigi

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

"Luigi Zanasi" wrote: Definitely a keeper.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes--not only did she get you what you wanted, but she saved $75 to boot.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

Don't know what the protocal is here - but in rec.woodworking -
the obligatory response to your gloat is

YOU SUCK!

[ usually said while turning green with envy ; ) ]
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Concur with the rest, suckage happening.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

"charlieb" wrote in message
Don't know what the protocal is here - but in rec.woodworking -
the obligatory response to your gloat is

YOU SUCK!

[ usually said while turning green with envy ; ) ]

I've turned green, but usually used a gouge - how do you do it with envy?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

You taught her well

At a yard sale yesterday:

#2 - Next to the box was a brand new Jet mini lathe that had been
purchased to use all the stuff
from #1 on. I don't think it had ever been used-not even a scratch in the
paint on the tool rest.
Price $150.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

At a yard sale yesterday:

#2 - Next to the box was a brand new Jet mini lathe that had been purchased to use all the stuff

#3 - SWMBO went with me to this sale and was watching me as I looked over all these bargains. The
owner walked over to us and before he could say a word, SWMBO pulled two C-notes out of her purse
and handed them to him with the words "For the lot." Thirty seconds later I'm carrying a mini
lathe out to the truck, and SWMBO is toting that box full of turning tools.

Gotta love that gal. She's my real gloat.

You suck, alright. SWMBO would make *me* get out the Franklins. She's
smart enough not to carry that much cash.