Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
sbnjhfty sbnjhfty is offline

Default Gloat

Roy wrote:

At a yard sale yesterday:

#1 - A box full of turning tools. Some were inexpensive types, six were Sorby's still in the
plastic from Woodcraft, and there was a set of pen-turners mini-chisels. None had ever been
sharpened. Total of 19 different tools. 2 unopened MT2 pen mandrel sets, 2 pen drilling jigs, one
pen assembly press, a box of assorted pen blanks, a pair of pen blank trimming tools, a dozen pen
kits, 2 new bottles of Hut polish, Hut wax sticks, two new long push pads for a jointer, centering
marker, tool bag, and a box of miscellaneous mandrels, spare bushings, replacement cutters for the
pen trimming tools, pen assembly tools, etc. Price $125,

#2 - Next to the box was a brand new Jet mini lathe that had been purchased to use all the stuff
from #1 on. I don't think it had ever been used-not even a scratch in the paint on the tool rest.
Price $150.

#3 - SWMBO went with me to this sale and was watching me as I looked over all these bargains. The
owner walked over to us and before he could say a word, SWMBO pulled two C-notes out of her purse
and handed them to him with the words "For the lot." Thirty seconds later I'm carrying a mini
lathe out to the truck, and SWMBO is toting that box full of turning tools.

Gotta love that gal. She's my real gloat.

Regards,
Roy

Just think... the same thing will happen to our stuff in time.